Full-time Research Associate at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The Job : Research Associate
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Participate in the coordination of the A4NH research program in Nigeria;
- Ensure with stakeholders engagement and research implementation for the A4NH research program in Nigeria;
- Conduct literature review, preparing presentation and the materials needed;
- Support activities related to communication and knowledge mobilization (media engagement, stakeholders consultation, writing blogs, preparation of research and policy briefs);
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s in Public Health, Nutrition, Development Studies, Agricultural Economics or related field with minimum of Five (5) years’ experience performing similar role in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience using statistical software packages (STATA);
- Excellent spoken and written communication skill.
- Ability to work independently and pay close to attention to details.
- Good interpersonal skills, high energy and ability to multitask.
- Ability to travel locally or internationally.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Applicants should complete the online application attaching their Cover Letter with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.