Full-time Regional Technical Sales Manager,Animal Nutrition at DuPont
DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations. We are looking for more people, in more places to join our team to make lives better, safer, and healthier for people everywhere.
Our Animal Nutrition business is an industry leader in feed enzyme solutions. We are keen to grow our presence in emerging markets in need of solutions to optimize feed cost savings, enhance animal performance and production in order to feed the growing populati on in such markets.
The Job : Regional Technical Sales Manager,Animal Nutrition
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
We have an opening for a Technical Manager, based in Nigeria, in our Animal Nutrition team. The successful candidate will be skilled at developing strong relationships by understanding the customer’s technical needs and challenges and how this influences and impacts the customers’ business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Provide technical support to distributors and customers to win and or sustain sales as part of the agreed customer strategy.
- Effective management and dissemination of product research/application data/information and assay data to distributors and customers.
- Manage in-vivo trials and technology tests with contracted research institutes as well as key customers, to demonstrate the quality and the efficacy of the products, liaising with the Technical Services Leaders as necessary.
- Offer nutrition advices and recommendations based on our product portfolio characteristics.
- Conduct feed manufacturing trials in customer’s house/provide recommendations/consultancy to the customers in the complex field of feed technology.
- Effective training and development of distributors to develop and sustain their value selling capability.
- Proactively participate in the technical and marketing events in the sub-region and feedback to develop marketing plans
- Effective and proactive communication with distributors and customers.
- Bring back relevant information to incorporate in product/service development.
- Work with QA/QC, manufacturing, and Industry as appropriate in resolving product-related customer complaints (or issues)
- Act as train the trainer – being the 1st line of contact for any product related questions internally as well as with the customers
- Meeting the respective sales targets for the territory by enabling sales team to provide value selling to customers
- Support product regulatory compliance for the territory and assisting in technical matters related to product registration.
- Regular reporting to sales on technical service and market development programs, market opportunities and competitive intelligence.
- Actively participate in applicable international conferences, generate external and internal publication, presentations and technical literature related to the Dupont areas of expertise.
- Significant animal feed industry experience in Nigeria.
- University degree plus Master’s degree in Animal Nutrition or related Agricultural discipline
- Good knowledge of the Nigeria poultry industry and key players in value chain of the industry
- Ability to formulate animal diets’ and establish discussion with nutritionist and decision makers.
- Fluent in English. French proficiency is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work alone using own initiative, and within a team.
- Clear presentation and report writing skills.
- Good cross functional communication skills & relationship building.
- Methodical, systematic approach.
- Good self-leadership and ability to meet the commitments.
- Positive approach.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office package.
- Skilled IT user.
- Willing and able to work in an international business environment and travel significantly
How To Apply