Full-time Project Manager – WFP at Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI)
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
The Job : Project Manager – WFP
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Duration: 6 months, renewable
Starting Date: 8th January, 2018
Donors: UNICEF, UNHCR
COOPI in Nigeria
- COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
- COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict. COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education. COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe State but we are also present in Borno.
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Project Manager is responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of his/her projects.
- He/she is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for his projects.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of base and in link with the Program Coordinator, he/she:
- Designs the detailed work plan in line with the project guidelines and description, guaranteeing the smooth implementation of all the activities on-time, on-quality and on-budget;
- In cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the activities’ progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor, with donor’s and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- In cooperation with the Program Coordinator, finalizes the data provided by his/her team, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- Coordinates the overall project: supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of activities;
- Represents COOPI with the local / State authorities and partners
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator and head of base, prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Manages the goods purchased for the project; for all goods purchased by the project, support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines, in cooperation with the Logistics Office;
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator and in synergy with the specific reporting lines of the projects, promotes and manages relations with the local government institutions, NGOs, and other local partners available in the area;
- Executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement.
- In coordination with the Administrative team, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills):
- Master’s degree in Food Security/Nutrition and /or Humanities or any related field.
- At least 3 years of working experience in/with INGO. On FSL area. Experience managing a WFP project is a +
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and report writing
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humour
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
How To Apply