Contract Project Assistant / Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant at Abt Associates
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
The Job : Project Assistant / Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req Id: 56621
- Abt Associates seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant to support the SHOPS Plus Nigeria M&E Director in all research, monitoring, and evaluation (RME) activities in the state. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other priority health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus focuses on tuberculosis and family planning.
- The M&E Assistant will support the M&E Director in the implementation of both the TB programs. The TB program will focus on increasing availability of TB services in the private sector, improve flow of suspected TB patients into detection and treatment centers, improve the quality of private sector TB services, and strengthen health systems to foster and sustain Public Private Mix models for TB care.
- While the FP program will support capacity-building of public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially long acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist SHOPS Plus managers and technical leads in collecting, analyzing and reporting program data
- Make input in the development/review of Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning documents
- Assist in development of research instruments for baseline, endline surveys and exploratory research studies
- Support research analysis and interpretation including data cleaning and other minor quantitative tasks; draft presentations and reports of the studies carried out
- Support the M&E Director in reviewing program data to monitor performance (including carrying out data quality assurance activities)
- Work with the M&E Director in providing evidence-based input/feedback to facilitate program design, review and implementation
- Track research expenditures (at the state level) against the budget, and monitor and manage RME sub-contracts
- Support in the reporting of program performance indicators to USAID and other stakeholders as may be necessary
- Make presentations on M&E as may be necessary (e.g. during trainings, meetings, etc)
- Support the development of program progress report, case studies, and other documents as per program objectives
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following areas: Public Health, Economics, Epidemiology, Demography, Social Work, Business Management or related/equivalent fields
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related professional space
- Experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research techniques preferred
- Excellent computer application skills, especially in use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with secondary data sources
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- ( 2+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
How To Apply