Full-time Procurement Officer – Nigeria at Christian Aid
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
The Job : Procurement Officer – Nigeria
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
About the role
The Procurement Officer will work closely with the Senior Procurement, Logistics & Commodity Logistics Coordinator to ensure effective procurement processes in the Humanitarian Response. The role holder will support Christian Aid’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Nigeria with special focuses on procurements. She/he will support Christian Aid’s procurements across funded programmes which are implemented by Christian Aid and it partners in Borno and other northeast states. The role holder will assist in the implementation and documentation of all procurement processes. She/he will work closely with programme leads to ensure that procurements on each project are done in a timely manner. She/ he will ensure transparent vendor engagements in line with Christian Aid’s procurement guidelines and ensure that value for money is achieved with every transaction.
- You are required to have a BA/B.Sc. Degree in Supply and Purchasing Management or related field such as (Logistics or Administration), from a recognized institution and at least 3 years relevant post NYSC experience.
- High level of computer literacy (Word and Excel) is essential. You are required to have good report writing skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Prior experience in a similar role in an NGO and membership of a professional purchasing organization is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Hausa and English language and familiarity with procurement and logistics context in the northeast Nigeria is desirable.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Tell us about a time when you handled a difficult issue with someone else with openness, honesty and respect. What was the context? What did you have to do? What did you say and how? What was the result? If you were successful, how did you know?
Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources. What was the context? What was expected of you? What action(s) did you take? What was the impact of your actions? In what way(s) were you successful?
Tell us about a time when you planned, prioritised and monitored your own work to meet the team’s objectives to the standards required. What was your context? What was your task/responsibility? How did you make your plan? What actions did you take? What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful? How did you know?
How To Apply