Full-time Pre-Sales Engineer (Consultant) at Daon
Daon, www.daon.com, is an innovator in developing and deploying biometric authentication and identity assurance solutions worldwide. Daon has pioneered methods for securely and conveniently combining biometric and identity capabilities in multiple channels with large-scale deployments that span payments verification, digital banking, and securing borders and critical infrastructure.
The Job : Pre-Sales Engineer (Consultant)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reporting to: Dual – Head of Pre-Sales EMEA (Technical) and Divisional Director Africa (Sales)
Business Unit: EMEA
Travel: approx. 20%
- As a pre-sales consultant, you will work with potential customers to understand their needs and to explain Daon’s software products, experience and value.
- You will help to address technical questions and concerns, influence thinking and propose a solution using Daon’s products that fits the customer’s needs and systems architecture.
- This will take the form of preparing, planning and running demos, presentations, workshops, exhibitions and formal proposals.
- You must be able to clearly communicate the value of Daon’s with a customer’s business and technical teams. You will be able to support technical evaluations and proofs of concept.
- You will work closely with Daon’s sales team and will coordinate and collaborate with Professional Services, Engineering, Customer Support and other Daon teams internationally.
- Much of the work will be done at Daon’s office in Lagos, however some travel for customer meetings and events will be necessary.
- A Daon pre-sales consultant has a deep understanding of and enthusiasm for technology, particularly mobile and security technologies and uses that to help customers and win deals for Daon.
- Be the main contact point for technical topics with customers during the sales cycle
- Help to write proposals, responses to RFPs and other similar documents
- Communicate features, architecture, integration aspects, security, infrastructure, project delivery and other topics
- Give presentations on Daon’s products and solutions
- Prepare and run demonstrations of our products
- Prepare for and attend exhibitions/conferences
- Liaise with, coordinate and organise staff from other Daon teams including Engineering and Professional Services to ensure that a customer’s queries are answered
- Work with sales staff to identify customer opportunities for Daon’s technology
- Support proofs of concept and other customer evaluations, including:
- Assist customer staff during software installation
- Help developers to integrate Daon software (mobile apps and web services)
- Work closely with the Daon Support, Professional Services and Engineering teams in Ireland and USA to help resolve local customer issues
- Communicate and advocate customer requirements within Daon
- Strong personal work ethic with good work practices
- Excellent communicator (oral and written)
- Detail-oriented with a technical mindset
- Ability to quickly understand a customer’s business and needs
- Can organise and present information clearly
- Works with international customers from a range of different countries and cultures
- Has software delivery and integration knowledge
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to constantly learn and develop a deep knowledge of the industries and technologies
- French language a plus
- Experience with project management a plus
- This is not a software development role, however some knowledge of the following will be needed:
- Web services – REST and SOAP
- Server-side development – .Net/Java on Windows/Linux
- Databases – Oracle, SQL Server
- Security and authentication concepts and technologies, such as encryption algorithms and techniques, Single Sign-On (SSO), OTP, LDAP/AD, network security, pen testing, standards, etc.
- Basics of Software/Systems Architecture topics such as high availability and scalability
- Knowledge of biometric technology would be helpful but is not required
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years in a software pre-sales role (will consider consulting or professional services backgrounds, with significant customer engagement)
How To Apply