Full-time Plan international: Education Project Officer Vacancy
Plan international is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan International has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years. we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
The Job : Education Project Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of Contract: 22 Months
- The purpose of this role is to support an Education in Emergencies project funded by DFID in line with international best practices and relevant guidelines.
- The post holder supports the Project Coordinator to implement the DFID funded EiE project and also document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation. The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
In collaboration with the Field Team and Education and Livelihoods Specialist, the EiE Officer will:
- Support the Project Coordinator, Project Manager and the EIE Specialist in designing project and implementation plans
- Will be responsible for formation strengthening and training of community structures(SBMCs)
- He/ She will be responsible for school supervision, and data collection.
- Will facilitate teacher training and or organize and facilitate teacher trainings.
- Will play a key role at mobilization and engagement of the community and stake holders in the implementation and monitoring of the project.
- Highlight education issues requiring a response – both immediate (less than 2 months) and medium term and make recommendations on specific PLAN actions required. Ensure core commitments to children are taken into consideration.
- Ensure key data from assessments could be used as a baseline for program evaluation. If additional baseline data is required to evaluate children’s learning outcomes, then work with appropriate colleagues to collect this additional information.
- Support in designing appropriate education interventions for new projects where necessary and based on the outcomes of assessments and the context. Inclusion of quality issues in education and learning outcomes is really important.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in EmergenciesExperience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
How To Apply