Full-time Plan International: Education in Emergency Officer Vacancy
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
The Job : Education in Emergency Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Ref Id: 24901
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of Contract: 2 years
- The purpose of this role is to support the pilot mobile Education in Emergency (EIE) project
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in mobile EiE units desirable but not essential
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Languages: Excellent command of English language
How To Apply