Full-time Physical Security Analyst at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
The Job : Physical Security Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Jumia Services is the Logistics Marketplace company of Jumia.
- The mission of Jumia Services is to create a connected and integrated network of service providers, which addresses in the best cost/quality ratio the needs of millions of sellers and customers of Jumia.
- Our vision is to simplify and expand the accessibility to e-commerce products and services in a convenient and trustworthy way to our customers with focus on technology, community management of logistics marketplace and managing operational quality.
- As a Physical Security Analyst, you will provide timely and accurate information on emerging threats, risks, and life, safety and security incidents to the Head of Security and Business Units, so informed decisions can be made to protect company personnel, assets, reputation and business operations.
In particular, you will:
- Evaluating theft incidents, items and packages alterations with actions to mitigate such
- Offer immediate legal advise and support to the security team
- Liaise with Jumia in-house counsels on legal related issues, security dept. court cases and close pending insurance matters and documentations.
- Routine security inspections at our locations, evaluate flaws and proffer solutions
- Collating and validating intelligence, evaluating the reliability of sources and credibility of information across board
- Building up intelligence pictures for warehouse operations
- Identifying potential loopholes within operations cycle that might lead to theft and recommending appropriate changes
- Delivering information in formal reports or as presentations and desk-level briefings
- Supporting police investigation, filing complaints at the police station and following up with court cases
- Liaising and collaborating with security agencies where necessary to further investigate theft cases and fraud attempts
- Supporting security team in other areas to achieve its targets and goals etc
Required Skill & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred
- 4 years relevant security experience
- Must have security background in similar warehouse settings
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Must be able to use Microsoft office
- Good communication, analytical, investigative skills & case handling
- Pay attention to details and ability to work with little or no supervision etc
- Must have undergone some related and relevant security training.Work experience in designing, implementing and security and crisis management policies and standards
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
How To Apply