Full-time Petroleum Trade & Transport Analyst at the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
The Job : Petroleum Trade & Transport Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Code: 4.4.01
- Within the Research Division, the Petroleum Studies Department provides pertinent and reliable information and analyses in support of decision-making and policy-making in Member Countries.
- It carries out research programs and studies on short-term petroleum market developments with the aim of issuing reports on a regular, as well as ad-hoc basis, highlighting important issues for their use and consideration.
- It conducts regular forecasts, elaborates and analyses oil market scenarios and prepares and publishes reports on these findings.
- It promotes OPEC’s views and technical analysis on short-term oil market developments to the industry at large and the general public via the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report, as well as other reports, presentations and related pod casts.
- And it prepares and contributes to reports to be submitted to the Economic Commission Board, the Board of Governors, etc., as well as papers for various OPEC publications.
Objective of Position
- To study and analyse pertinent dimensions of international and regional trade in crude oil and oil products and to assess the short term impact of movements of freight rates, as well as to monitor and analyse developments in oil transportation; and to prepare consolidated reports thereon to the Governing Bodies.
- Studies and analyses volumes and structures of international and regional trade flows in crude and products.
- Studies and analyses the impact of movements of freight rates.
- Analyses the spot ship fixtures.
- Follows up the impact of interregional trade movement on freight rate.
- Studies regional crude oil sailing and its impact on freight rates.
- Analyses fleet developments in terms of new deliveries and demolition and fleet age.
- Follows the developments and prospective of pipeline capacities.
- Follows and assesses short-term developments in the international petroleum industry.
- Assesses the impact of emerging policies and regulations for environmental protection in various regions on fleet developments and freight rates.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University Degree in Economics or Energy related fields
- Advanced Degree preferred
- University degree: 8 years
- Advanced degree: 6 years
- Energy analysis
- Oil and product transportation
- Knowledge of oil market developments
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Language: English
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head of Petroleum Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers