Full-time Pal Pensions: IT Security Analyst Vacancy
We are a licensed Pension Fund Administrator with over 7 years of professional experience in Pension Funds Administration. We were incorporated on April 14, 2005 to manage and administer retirement savings contributions of employees in Nigeria as a result of the Pension Reform Act of 2004. Pensions Alliance Limited is a joint venture between First Securities Discount House Limited (FSDH) (now known as FSDH Merchant Bank) and African Alliance Insurance Company Limited.
The Job : IT Security Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Planning, implementing, upgrading, or monitoring security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. This role ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting network problems remotely and on-site.
- Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- Document computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside vendors.
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
Skills and Attributes
- A thorough knowledge of personal computer hardware and software, local and wide area networks systems.
- A thorough knowledge of new developments related to information security and project management.
- A thorough knowledge of common security controls (i.e. Firewalls, IPS, SEIM, VPN, etc)
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent in job experience) in computer science or related field and ten years’ experience in network architecture, information security architecture and support and project management.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Extensive Working knowledge of the following
- Office Applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Project)
- Network Diagnostic (Wireshark, Solarwinds, MRTG, TCPdump, WinDump)
- Network Equipment (Cisco, HP)
- Network Protocols (TCP, UDP & IP)
- Operating System Technology (Windows Server 2003/2008, VMware, Linux)
- Workstation Technology (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10)
- Security Discovery (NMAP, Nessus)
- Security Controls (Kaspersky, Sophos, Checkpoint SPLAT, Juniper)
- Security Monitoring (Tripwire Log Center, Tripwire Enterprise, SNORT)
- VPN Technology (Checkpoint VPN-1, Array SPX)
- Security and Technical Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI (preferred)
- Expert level familiarity with enterprise vulnerability management tools, such as Qualys and RSA VRM
- Strong experience in vulnerability management services for complex applications, COTS software, network systems, operating systems, databases, and storage solutions
- Knowledge of and ability to implement technical aspects of PCI DSS 3.2, ISO, SOC, and other compliance standard.
- CISSP or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a network
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in security systems architecture and implementation
- Minimum 2 years project management or working as team lead
Technical certifications such as the MCSE, CCNP/CCIE and JNCIP-SP/JNCIE. Certifications such as ITIL and Six Sigma are added advantage.
How To Apply