Pagatech: Business Development Manager Recruitment
Pagatech was founded in early 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank the unbanked in Africa. Our first product offering, Paga, is a direct to consumer mobile payments service. Paga is an innovative, open, secure, and interoperable mobile payments platform that allows any person who has a mobile phone to transact electronically – thus turning the mobile phone into an electronic wallet.
The Job : Business Development Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Responsibilities & Tasks
Management of Business Development:
- Providing leadership and supervision to the Account Managers and other members of the Business Development department, and representing the Company as needed in-line with Company polices
- Working with other units at the Company to set revenue targets and other performance goals for Business Development
- Developing and pursing new business opportunities for the Company in Africa and beyond
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with government so as to ensure that relevant government agencies are informed of the Company’s plans and services and that the Company is operating in-line with government laws, regulations and best practices
- Providing and communicating business development status updates to upper management on a weekly basis
Business Development Process/Pipeline:
- Developing and maintaining client lists and project target lists
- Defining clear strategies and schedules for achieving set targets in line with specific Company growth plans
- Ensuring prequalification of the Company with existing and potential customers (including government and public sector agencies) to leave Company in a position to bid for projects of interest
- Carrying out risk identification, profit potential and analysis for each business target
- Managing tender submissions, including liaison with other units within the Company on submission of bid documents
- Providing inputs to management based on market information to enable the Company to develop capabilities in areas that will give it strategic leverage for future projects
- Gather and analyze market intelligence for new projects and opportunities.
- Ensuring that clients and partners have 24/7 access to a Company Account Manager
- Ensuring that client and potential enquiries are screened and channeled to the correct unit and responded to
- Ensuring communication of customer needs and expectations between the Company and the client and between units in the Company
- Ensuring liaison with other departments as appropriate in relation to proposals, projects, legal, customer support, finance, marketing, or other issues
- Ensuring timely and regular collection of client feedback
- Fostering and developing positive customer relationships which result in increased and repeat business
- Understanding customer needs and assisting in the development of project solutions that satisfy those requirements and provide new opportunities for the Company
- Interacting with Managers in Client and potential client organizations, professionally and socially, to maintain relationships with Clients and potential clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Optional: Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or other graduate degree.
- We are looking for an A+ business development expert with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in the business development function in a related industry, including international experience and/or dealing with global clients.
How To Apply