Full-time Orcale Nigeria: Database Administrator Vacancy
Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
The Job : Database Administrator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Ref No: 170010Z8
- As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs.
- This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services.
- A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
- As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will interface with the customers IT staff on a regular basis.
- Either at the clients site or from a remote location, you will be responsible for resolution of moderately complex technical problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use and repair/workarounds for Oracle products.
- You should be highly experienced in some Oracle products and several platforms that are being supported.
- You will be expected to work with only general guidance from management while advising management on progress/status.
- Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role.
- Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction is essential.
- Install and patch database engine software and related components
- Support Oracle Cloud Engineered systems: ExaCM, OCM and other related Cloud technologies
- Follow Oracle Cloud processes and standards
- Setup, Perform and monitor database backups for successful completion
- Configure Data Guard databases, support, monitoring and rebuild standby DBs
- Monitor database activity, performance, and capacity
- Perform database performance tuning for Oracle Engineered Systems (indexing and optimizer strategies, stored procedures/triggers, partitioning, commit levels, rollbacks, locking schemes, temporary spaces/sort areas, and memory management)
- Respond to problems quickly and document corrective action, requires remote access and 7×24 availability
- Perform analysis and troubleshooting of queries using RDBMS toolsets; provide performance improvement recommendations
- Provide operational patching and support 7×24 for customer’s on the service
- On-call 7×24, remote and onsite, support will be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred with five years related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Oracle’s core products, applications, and tools is important.
- Experience in multi-tier architecture environment required
- High-level skills in database development/management software and general computer programming and demonstrated experience in database analysis, scoping, data and process mapping;.
- 6+ years of work experience with production database administration
- Fundamental understanding of computer networking, systems and database technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communications skills. (English required, Spanish Language a plus)
- Oracle certifications are a plus
- Experience with OEM, Grid control, RMAN and tape management systems
- This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong customer service focus, and ability work in a team as well as independently, ability to learn on the fly, ability to follow procedures, and ability to suggest improvements to existing procedures as appropriate.
- The Oracle Cloud DBA will use knowledge of database management products and services to support the IT infrastructure.
- This role requires the DBA to monitor and support Production Customer Cloud database operations, and provide database administration tasks to ensure timely delivery of quality IT Products and Services. Oracle RAC, Patching Grid Infrastructure, ASM, Clusterware, RDBMS and OEM would be required. Based upon strategic direction and initiatives, you must be able to deliver tactical results of agreed upon objectives.
- A thorough knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies as well as practices is essential.
- Oracle Database Administration versions 11g through current (multiple hardware platforms)
- Oracle RAC, CRS, Data Guard experience required
- Oracle installation, patch and upgrade within production environments.
- UNIX administrative experience (Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX a plus) is desirable.
- Oracle Enterprise Linux, Solaris, AIX, HPUX support would be a plus
- Oracle Enterprise Manager knowledge required
- Project Management skills – involved as a participant but may lead some projects like patching.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, must have initiative, team-oriented, and able to meet the aggressive schedules required in a fast moving environment
- Documentation skills for Incident, Change and Problem management required.
- Any Oracle certifications a plus
- Candidate will be responsible for delivering Cloud database administration and engineering system services to customers within the Oracle Cloud Operation Management Portal.
- The candidate will also be responsible for interacting with customer counterparts on a regular basis and serving as the technology expert on the customer’s behalf.
- This service is delivered via remote support and the candidate should be able to work in an independent environment while interacting with other team members remotely.
- There is no formal dress code for this position; however the candidate will be required to follow customer dress codes in the event that they will be asked to travel to the customer site.
- Travel may be required for training or as needed at the customer’s request. The candidate should have a valid driver’s license and a passport for the ability to travel upon request.
- The candidate should expect to have to work overtime on a regular basis; this would be dependent on the customer’s project workload assigned.
- Work shift would be flexible.
- Support of customer’s including 7×24 coverage.
How To Apply