Full-time Options: Programme Director Vacancy
Options is seeking an exceptional leader to provide strategic direction and management oversight for a large Malaria programme in Nigeria. The post-holder will make a major contribution to reducing the Malaria burden by working with the Nigerian government to strengthen health systems. The post requires understanding of the Nigerian context and the ability to lead a large, DFID-funded programme.
The Job : Programme Director
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The Programme Director will provide leadership and management oversight for a large, DFID-funded Malaria Programme. The Programme will deliver targeted institutional, community and policy related malaria interventions through a consortium. Key areas of responsibility are below:
- Work with the Programme Management Board to develop strategies for the delivery of the programme, and oversee their implementation nationally and in relevant States.
- Coordinate advocacy and public relations activities, forging and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders across the National Malaria Elimination Programme, government, donors, and technical and implementing partners in the Malaria sector in Nigeria.
- Ensure on track delivery of a high quality, high performing programme, through the development and maintenance of management and quality assurance tools and systems. This will include a logical framework, monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems, technical oversight of annual planning and budgeting, and ensuring learning informs decisions to improve and adapt programming.
- Actively manage, supervise and mentor a multidisciplinary team, promoting an atmosphere in which programme staff can give their best and collaborate to deliver the programme. Provide management oversight across a broader team and maintain strong relationships with consortium partners.
- Ensure maintenance of sound financial and administrative practices in line with policy and procedures and those of the donor. Accountable for the development of annual budgets and financial reports, ongoing budget monitoring and financial performance.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in a health related discipline.
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to malaria policy, strategy, institutional and financing arrangements.
- Extensive experience managing and implementing health programmes is essential, CVs should demonstrate progressively senior experience including proven achievements at a senior leadership level.
- Significant understanding of the political, social, economic and cultural context in Nigeria and relevant key stakeholders in the Malaria sector is required. Existing relationships and demonstrated achievements in influencing and negotiating at a senior level will be a distinct advantage.
- Verifiable experience of leading a multi-partner consortium programme.
- Significant understanding of the political, social, economic and cultural context in Nigeria and relevant key stakeholders in the Malaria sector.
- Strong client and external liaison skills (including diplomacy and communication skills), with experience of working in complex environments with government, donors and external stakeholders.
- Experience leading and managing highly skilled and multidisciplinary technical, financial and administrative teams, overseeing strategies, technical approaches, workplans and budgets.
- Management, strategic planning and leadership experience, with ability to multi-task, work under pressure, inspire high quality work, demonstrate firm but sensitive leadership, provide support and supervision, and empower team members.
- Evidence of previous experience of managing and controlling a budget in excess of $10 million.
- Experience with implementing DFID programmes preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Bérangère De Villenaut at [email protected]. Candidates should state the name of the role in the subject header.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt, so candidates are encouraged to apply before the deadline where possible.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews are likely to be in mid February.
Options is an equal opportunities employer. This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and tasks are subject to change prior to project start-up.