Full-time Operation Superintendent at NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML)
NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML), a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited, seeks to engage personnel for immediate employment in the capacity below:
The Job : Operation Superintendent
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- To ensure safe, efficient and cost effective operation of NLNG Ship Management Limited managed vessels and that all operational practices implemented onboard comply with Flag State, International and National legislation as well as company and customer requirements.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Operations Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of navigation, seamanship and cargo handling policies on board all vessels. Must be fully conversant with the operational system and procedures on each of the vessels with the fleet.
- Openly report to Deputy Fleet manager any HSSE, technical or operational nonconformance, follow a thorough and effective investigation of root causes as well as identifying corrective and preventive actions. Ensure an effective working link on a day-to-day basis between managing office and the ship’s staff of each ship, based on proactive communication, auditing reporting of relevant activities.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with customers and commercial contacts and other Companies, thereby ensuring that all parties concerned with programming NSML managed vessels are aware of the capabilities of individual vessels to fulfill requirements
- Act as the focal point for insurance claims associated with ships within the fleet
- Be responsible for the coordination and close out of the office response to internal ISM audits, in liaison with the DPA Department, of ships within the fleet.
- Use your professional judgment and seek guidance from the Fleet management team when in any doubt as to the safety of the crew and vessel, the integrity of NSML reputation, the level of customer service provided, or complying with the required standards
- Ensure that all the international and Flag State legal and regulatory requirements and company policies concerning ship operations, including cargo care, the safety of navigation and the health and safety of personnel are adhered to at all times
- Ensure that vessel within the fleet are successfully vetted prior to chartering out to third parties by arranging timely SIRE inspections, responding promptly to observations raised, initiate remedial actions and identifying gaps in policies and procedures. To enter updated VPQ into SIRE system.
- Actively promulgate and promote NLNG / NSML HSEQ policies and ensure that expectations are fully understood by all Fleet staff, especially shipboard management
- Recognized sub-standard performance and engage Fleet trainers to investigate and evaluate alternative systems, equipment, contractors and methods for beneficial use in place of obsolete, unreliable or less efficient systems or equipment on NSML operated ships
- Act as the focal point for the manning agency, reporting on the ability of Fleet Personnel, advising the Fleet Manager and/or the manning agency on matters concerning suitability of personnel for promotion, possible secondment or career development and undertake assessments of candidates for promotion to Master.
The right candidate should:
- Have a minimum of Class 1 Deck Certificate of Competency or its equivalent issued by an internationay recognized Maritime Flag State
- Experience as Master on internationally trading tankers and/or gas carriers.
- Previous experience as Marine/Operations superintendent will be an advantage.
How To Apply