Full-time Onstream Group: Senior Design Engineer (Instrument and Control) Vacancy
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
The Job : Senior Design Engineer (Instrument and Control)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing conceptual designs and preparation of Basic Engineering and Design Package (BDEP), Detailed Engineering Design Packages which involves preparation of deliverables as: Basic/Detailed Design Calculations, Work scope Definition, Project Specifications, Preliminary Design/Detailed Design Drawings, Descriptive Bill of Quantities, etc.
- Responsible for carrying out engineering, design, detailing and preparation of Material Take-Off (MTO) for projects and include control and automation, e.g. safeguarding system, DCS, Field bus, field instrumentation of oil and gas facilities.
- Reviewing design and engineering packages from external contractors – to ensure conformity to the Client’s specifications and other applicable standards and also identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement on design package in the field of instrumentation engineering to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability.
- Review of Terms of Reference ToR, Master Document Register MDR, Deliverable list, CTR, Design and Engineering packages from external contractors – to ensure conformity to the Client’s specifications and other applicable standards.
- Monitor work in progress ensuring that all design activities and agreed deliverables of the contract are satisfactorily and qualitatively completed and delivered within schedule.
- Offering professional support to the in-house project engineers and represents the Client and participates actively in any meetings, discussion and initiatives which are relevant to the job roles and business needs in order to safeguard company interest.
- Offering Supports to Project Delivery groups, Technical Support Teams etc., in projects management in accordance with the Client’s approved project management procedure from the identify stage to the operate stage of the project.
- Coordinate Instrument and Control scope in terms of administration of agreed deliverables, work orders and communication with all relevant parties.
- Prepare and update monthly and periodic project reports on the status of all projects and design activities against plan including cost and schedule.
- Attend tender meetings, pre-contractual and contractual meetings with contractors and produce minutes of proceedings.
- Ensure adherence to the project management systems during the design phase by applying approved project management procedures and relevant Design Engineering Practices, standards, and specifications. As enshrined in the Project Management System (Organizational Realization Process).
- B.Sc. or B Eng. Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8 – 10 years’ post-graduation experience, out of which 5 years should be in project engineering / design activities in the oil and gas industry.
How To Apply