Full-time Obafemi Awolowo University: Bursar Vacancy
The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria.
The Post of the Registrar of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, will be vacant by 1st June, 2018. In accordance with the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Act 2003. which amended the Universities Miscellaneous Act (Decree No. 11 of 1993 as amended by Decree No.25 of 1996), the Governing Council of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife wishes to commence the process for the appointment of a new Registrar for the University.
The Job : Bursar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the day-to-day administratIon and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- The Bursar shall hold office for a period of five years from the effective date of his/her appointment and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The person to be appointed must have exhibited in the past, considerable ability, competence, industry and integrity. He or she must be proactive and capable ofefficient and effective management of a coordinated system of deccntralized Bursary.
- He/she must possess good human relations.
Qualification and Experience
- The applicant must possess a good University honours Degree in Accounting or related discipline with at least 10 years relevant experience preferably in University accounting system or that of comparable institution of higher learning, Industry, commerce or any other arms of the Public Service.
- Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage while adequate knowledge of computer applications and Certificate of the Final Examinations of any of the recognized bodies viz: ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or any other recognized and acceptable accounting professional qualification.
- The applicant must have served for at least five (5) years in Senior Management position not lower than Deputy Bursar or its equivalent.
- The candidate should not be older than 60 years of age by May 10, 2018.
Entitlements and Benefits
- A consolidated salary as for Bursars of Federal Universities with benefits which include a subsidized hard-furnished residential accommodation on the University campus, medical care for the appointee, spouse and up to five (5) children.
- Forty-two (42) working days annual paid leave, official car and driver, Contributory Pension Scheme, gardener, and such other benefits as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University Governing Council.
How To Apply