Full-time Nutrition Assistant at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviate the suffering of the poorest people. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Nutrition Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ngala, Borno State, Nigeria
Expected starting date: ASAP
- Under the supervision of the Nutrition Project Officer, the incumbent will be part of the team implementing Blanket supplementary feeding (BSF) activities at community level, and referral of SAM and MAM cases to UNICEF and MSF OTP side at Ngala and Gamboru.
- S/he will also be required to work closely and cooperatively with other SIF units including Finance and Logistics to ensure the success of projects while maintaining full compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Provides supportive supervision to the Nutrition Field workers in the cause of MUAC screening and referring to the nearest OTP site.
- Follow up with the OTP site and ensures proper attention given to the child
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports to the nutrition team
- Ensures protection mainstreaming at the cause of blanket supplementary feeding program
- Coordinate with LGA teams to support Community Volunteers to carry out joint community mobilization activities around nutrition.
- Assist in monthly BSFP and PLW distributions.
- Fulfill any other duties requested and/or needed by the Nutrition Officer, Distribution Supervisor or Base Manager.
- Bachelors University Degree, Diploma or certificate in Nursing is plus.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work INGO experience preferably in nutrition and health programming.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach – Blanket supplementary feeding and targeted feeding In collaboration with LGA teams, plan sensitization activities for targeted communities with focus on traditional leaders and other key stakeholders
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of SIF
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
- Ability to Speak Hausa, Kanuri.
- Ability to speak, read and write well in English
- Ability to liaise with local authorities, INGO’s and other agencies
- Passionate about the humanitarian context and serving the poorest of the poor
- Ability to produce quality work and decisions under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and working locations.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2017.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CV, 3 references) to: [email protected]
Please clearly mention “Nutrition Assistant, Ngala” in the subject line.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer; only short listed candidates will be contacted.