Contract Nuru International: Admin Systems Program Specialist Vacancy
Nuru International is a social venture committed to ending extreme poverty in remote, rural areas by offering locally-led training in agriculture, household savings, healthcare, and education.
Nuru focuses on cultivating service-minded leaders and equipping people with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty. Using local income-generating activities, Nuru sustains its work and funds program scaling into neighboring districts – thereby multiplying impact.
Nuru’s vision is to create a world where people living in extreme poverty can make meaningful choices to improve their lives in a sustainable way.
The Job : Admin Systems Program Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Nuru is focused on ending extreme poverty in remote, rural areas and knows that a unique solution is needed for highly fragile states:
“Fragile states are lagging behind in achieving the Millennium Development Goals. Without urgent action they will be home to more than half of the world’s poor after 2018. Declining foreign aid and other external resources are not enough to drive development and stability in these countries.” – OECD, Fragile States 2014 Domestic Revenue Mobilisation in Fragile States
Thus Nuru’s next project site will launch in 2017 in a fragile region in Nigeria. Our goal is to take a “boots on the ground” approach and hire a highly skilled team to launch this project with an established exit strategy in mind. Nuru’s model depends on the organization’s ability to identify, train and collaborate with highly capable local leaders to develop and implement sustainable poverty solutions.
Nuru Nigeria will require HR, Finance, and IT systems to support all impact programs. Furthermore, the local staff will be trained on all systems to ensure sustainability after expat departure. These systems will need to be in compliance with U.S. and Nigerian law. An ideal candidate will have general experience and demonstrate competencies within Finance, HR, and IT.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Establish sustainable accounting system (i.e. payroll, cash flow, budget tracking, compliance with local law)
- Educate and mentor local finance team on sustainable and lawful finance practices
- Implement checks and balances that ensure full transparency on all accounting practices, generate sound financial reports and maintain fiscal records
- Collaborate with NI Finance Team
- Establish basic HR policies and procedures for Nuru Nigeria through consultation with a firm or specialists
- Recruit, train, and onboard local staff including HR department
- Mentor local staff to implement HR best practices in hiring, retention, performance management and conflict resolution
- Collaborate w/ NI HR
- Establish sustainable IT infrastructure and policy for Nuru Nigeria project that supports operational, financial, administrative, and M&E functions
- Educate and mentor local staff on sustainable IT systems
- Maintain accountability for all IT systems, hardwares, and software licenses
- Collaborate with NI IT
Required Skills and Attributes:
- MA in business, project management, human resources, accounting or finance
- Minimum two years knowledge and experience dealing with process implementation in line with the areas described above
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Prefer experience working with computerized accounting software system, such as QuickBooks
- Exceptional strategic problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Combat experience preferred, ability to operate effectively in unfamiliar and dangerous situations
- Passion for Nuru International’s mission
General Competencies and Behaviors
- Fully comply with our Code of Conduct and policies – live our values
- Meet general professional expectations for all Nuru staff
- Become recognized as a model servant leader in the organization
- Deliver very high quality products directly and through your teams in a timely manner
- Use feedback to develop your teams and to grow as a professional
- Be proactive and independent – take initiative and be able to operate effectively on “commander’s intent” with little supervision
- “Getting the job done” – even if this means long/unusual hours
How To Apply