Full-time Novartis Nigeria: Medical Manager Vacancy
Novartis is a global healthcare leader and has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We appreciate and welcome your interest in joining our team of associates from more than 150 nationalities who currently share our mission to care and to cure. Our career website is updated regularly and can be viewed in other languages by selecting the option in the upper right corner.
The Job : Medical Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ID: 222585BR
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular
- Develop local medical affairs strategy in line with the global strategy, local insights and market conditions, and secure implementation of planned Medical Affairs activities within the designated therapy area(s).
- Coordinate scientific meeting, symposia, congresses, Continuous Medical Education (CME) and other medical / scientific exchange and engagement activities which could bring additional value to the relevant therapy area; develop strategic engagement plan(s) for local customer-facing medical activities and events, and ensure timely execution of planned medical affairs activities in an efficient and compliant way.
- Ensure MA associates establish and maintain professional and credible relationships with thought leaders / external experts and academic centers.
- Prioritize and define activities to meet scientific and medical needs and clinical care gaps within the designated TA; ensure that the Medical Affairs plan captures defined activities and priorities.
- Ensure medical enquiries are responded to in a high quality, timely manner, and in accordance with applicable standards; establish standard response documents as appropriate, for frequently asked questions.
- Provide medical/scientific input into the development and execution of clinical trial or clinical research related activities, including initiation and oversight of clinical studies / clinical research within the respective therapeutic area. Develop local strategy for Non Interventional Studies/Investigator Initiated Trial activities.
- Approve publication plan / publications as necessary.
- Advanced degree in related discipline, e.g. MD, PhD, Other Fluent in English and local language, both written and spoken
- A minimum of 4 years working in a clinical or pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical environment and solid knowledge on drug development and clinical research.
- Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for the assigned TA, and in medical research in general.
- Good knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company.
- Demonstrated expertise in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and current legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research.
- Leadership, management and planning skills.
- Prior experience in managing min 1-2 medical/scientific associates is desired
How To Apply