Contract Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC): Education Officer Recruitment
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the camp management, shelter, education, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
The Job : Education Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Education Officer – Maiduguri Nigerian National Only
Education Officer (Nigerian Nationals Only) – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tool, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Implement the Education activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Prepare periodic status reports and other documents as required by management
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Identify and document key protection issues among beneficiaries (both Direct and indirect beneficiaries)
- Together with the Protection and Advocacy team facilitate capacity building initiatives for Education staff on protection mainstreaming
- Lead in organizing and facilitating trainings programmes in psychosocial support, life skills, content and pedagogy.
- Lead the Education emergency team in developing training programmes for teachers and Parent Teachers Association including follow-up and support.
- Participate in cluster trainings by offering technical skills and knowledge when required in consultation with the project coordinator.
- Develop and execute teacher support programme at school level together with Ministry of Education officials
- Supervision of Education assistants under your responsibility
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar positions
- Education degree or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Experience in Teachers’ training
- Experience in budget management
- Experience working with community at grass root level
- Experience working in Ministry of Education system is preferred
- Documented results related to position
- Knowledge of local languages is an advantage
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Education title: Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Communicating with impact and respect:
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: August 2018
- Duration: 7 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 5 Step 1)
- Duty stations: Maiduguri, Borno State – North East Nigeria with 30% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How To Apply