Full-time Nigerian Pharmaceutical Logistics Specialist Consultant at Vitamin Angels (VA)
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a US-based, international non-governmental organization whose mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. To fulfill this mission, we provide annual grants of vitamin A supplements, deworming medication and multivitamins to NGOs that work with children 6-59 months old and/or pregnant and lactating women.
The Job : Nigerian Pharmaceutical Logistics Specialist Consultant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Role or Purpose of Position
VA seeks a licensed Pharmacist to join Vitamin Angels as part-time Nigeria-based Pharmaceutical Logistics Consultant to support continued expansion of VA’s micronutrient supply chain and distribution system in Nigeria. VA’s donations in Nigeria have grown rapidly and VA currently makes grants to about 100 Nigerian organizations reaching over 5,000,000 children under 5. Under direction of the Nigeria Country Director Consultant, the Pharmaceutical Logistics Consultant will contribute to VA’s continued growth in Nigeria by assuming responsibility for liaising with VA designated clearing agent, facilitating quarterly vitamin imports to Lagos, strengthening VA overall supply chain strategy and ensuring accurate warehouse records. Initial contracts would require 3-6 days of work each month. Based on performance the consultant may have the opportunity take on more consultancy days per month in the future.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Provide logistical support in the strategy and execution of quarterly vitamin imports to Lagos;
- Facilitate Vitamin Angels annual applications for NAFDAC import waivers;
- Manage the day to day relationship with NAFDAC, Clearing, and warehousing agents
- Physically review and report on Vitamin Angels warehoused commodities every month; and
- Support Nigeria Program Manager as requested to ensure accurate storage and domestic transport of vitamins to reach grant recipients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Licensed Pharmacist with Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN)
- Extensive experience facilitating the importation of drugs or vitamins into Nigeria;
- Strong understanding of the NAFDAC systems and importations requirements;
- High computer literacy, including extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Based in the Lagos area, willing to work from a home office and has reliable phone and internet connectivity at home;
- Willing and able to travel domestically on limited occasions;
- Must own personal computer or be ready to purchase their own computer for job
- Superior written and oral communications skills in English, and
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Medicine / Pharm. D from an accredited university with a relevant area of discipline;
- Additional graduate degree in public health, nursing, nutrition, medicine, computer science is an advantage
- Experience working with a variety of NGOs in the health sector;
- Experience working as a consultant to a US-based organization
- Certificate in supply chain and logistics management is also an advantage
How To Apply