Full-time Network AREWA24 Ltd: Production Director Vacancy
Network AREWA24 Ltd. (“AREWA24”) is in search of an innovative and experienced Director who can work creatively and effectively in a variety of television programming formats, oversee the shooting of high quality original shows, and provide guidance and insight to motivated teams across a number of series and programming specials. This Director must have a strong creative vision and the ability to guide the creative efforts of actors, presenters and production teams in studio and on location; and the Director candidate must be equally effective directing productions using single or multiple cameras.
The Job : Production Director
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
This Director must be able to work with production teams to develop new and innovative formats, produce consistently high quality programs, troubleshoot and improve the creative vision of existing original AREWA24 series and train new talent, directors and related production personnel.
This Director must also have a sharp eye for detail, superior execution skills, and a strong track record of milestone achievements and success in program production.
The new Director will be responsible for the production of several original AREWA24 programs, special events and series. And the Director candidate must be able to provide advice and guidance in the production of independently-commissioned television series.
AREWA24 is the leading Hausa Language entertainment and lifestyle channel and media company across Nigeria. The production studio produces a wide range of original entertainment programming across a variety of genres and formats (www.arewa24.com).
- Breakdown narrative scripts; prepare shooting schedules, and production budgets; develop and deliver on a unique creative vision for the look, style and direction of a television drama series.
- Direct one or more episodes of a 30-minute or hour-long drama series per week.
- Take the lead in scouting locations, conducting auditions, and casting sessions.
- Prepare and execute shoot budgets for all episodes to be directed.
- Review scripts, rehearse with actors, technical staff and production crews before shooting.
- Oversee the completion of all program deliverables from pre-production through post-production, and on-air broadcast.
- Manage the creative process of specific program in production, from conception to completion.
- Ensure that all programs have a consistent visual style, and are produced in accordance with AREWA24’s quality and technical standards and the channel’s brand identity.
- Actively participate in the auditioning, casting, and training of actors, artists, presenters, and other talent.
- Supervise the work of camera crews, directors of photography, lighting directors, set designers, sound, and other production staff to ensure the delivery of the highest quality content.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR
- A decisive, performance-driven and inspirational leader with strong interpersonal skills who will develop and communicate a vision; and motivate executives and staff to realize their capabilities while achieving the company’s overall objectives.
- A creative thinker with strong analytical skills to develop strategies for profitable business growth.
- A passionate personality who has the ability to serve as the face and champion of AREWA24 in helping to build and professionalize media in Northern Nigeria.
- Collaborative consensus builder who is capable of recruiting and working with a strong team of managers and producers to build relationships inside and outside the company.
- Recognizes the value that Hausa language programming brings to a vast and rapidly growing segment of the market. Must bring a fresh eye and a passion for this genre, set of demographics and psychographics.
- Self-motivated, hungry, goal-oriented person with a drive to succeed and a burning desire to build and grow a business.
- Possesses unquestionable business and personal integrity, moral character and high ethical standards.
- Able to troubleshoot with an eye toward anticipating, identifying and forming solutions to problems.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for results. Able to make the tough decisions.
- Must be articulate and display clear and dynamic communication skills in English, and preferably as well in Hausa – across oral, written and presentation formats.
- Must have a strong executive presence underscored by grace and diplomacy.
REPORTING AND SCOPE
The position reports directly AREWA24’s Head of Programming & Production
- Must have a Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Mass Communication, or related subjects.
- Must have at least 5 years working experience as a director of theatrical feature films, made for television films and/or dramatic series; plus, reality, breakfast, magazine, cooking, and/or documentary series.
- Must be creative and conversant with modern production technologies.
- Must have a good eye for lighting, blocking, production design, various camera formats and technologies; sound and sound design; editing and all other aspects of post-production.
- Must be creative, confident, composed and able to work under deadline pressure to deliver high quality content and other deliverables on tight schedule.
- Must have good communications skills, both oral and written; and the confidence and ability to inspire, motivate and lead a production team.
- Must be efficient with time management and able to multi-task.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to direct television movies, dramatic series, or feature films; and must have a show reel of successful productions.
- Must have substantial experience working with actors, writers, cinematographers, and other production personnel.
- Must be comfortable working in a multicultural environment, and have respect for people from different backgrounds.
- Must have a keen eye for detail, and the ability to manage other creative and production personnel in a manner that leverages their talents in developing, shooting, and delivering content that conforms with network requirements, and meets international standards.
- Must have a good eye for spotting exceptional talent, including “diamonds in the rough,” particularly among actors, presenters, and reporters; plus experience in auditioning, casting, rehearsing, and the ability to coax peak performances at all times.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with commonly used video cameras and formats; understand how to utilize camera placement, or movement, different lenses and focal lengths to achieve a creative vision; and understand the best practices and principals in achieving good lighting, studio and field sound.
- Must be fluent in Hausa and English, and have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, in each language.
- Must be able to edit dramatic, informational, magazine, or documentary scripts; plus have a sharp ear for the proper use of language, or dialogue; and be capable of directing talent in such as manner as to capture word-perfect performances.
- Must be able to direct one, or more, hour-long episodes per week of a dramatic series.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, and have the ability to work independently, as part of a team, or as a team leader.
- Must be able to consistently direct content that meets the networks highest aspirations, appeals to audiences, and conforms to international standards of quality
- Must have the demonstrated ability to direct multiple television formats, including scripted narratives; breakfast, cooking, magazine, sports, reality, and documentary style productions.
- Must have the ability and competence to direct productions utilizing a range of camera set-ups, including single camera, multiple camera field and studio-based, live, or as-live productions.
- Must be comfortable working with editors and graphic artists.
- Must be a self-starter, with a strong track record of success, and a thirst for new challenges.
- Must be able to inspire others, lead by example, promote good work habits, and consistently execute a creative vision and direction.
How To Apply