Full-time NDO Network Planning & Design Lead at Ericsson Nigeria
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
The Job : NDO Network Planning & Design Lead
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req ID: 250748
- We are now looking for a NDO Network Engineer Planning & Design Lead in Nigeria and South Africa, that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements.
- The position is applicable for design & optimization of RAN, BBA, Transmission, Core, OM and Services Networks. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
- The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Proficient in Network Design on multiple technologies and multiple streams, incl. but not limited to:
- Include link budgets analysis.
- Initial system design and dimensioning,
- System dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis,
- Coverage planning, site identification, evaluation, NW planning, interference analysis and optimization using EDOS DP.
- NW Planning to meet design targets and Final NW acceptance with customer
- Responsible for coverage analysis of GSM/WCDMA/LTE networks. Responsibilities include coverage/capacity analysis, proposal for coverage/capacity enhancement to meet the acceptance target.
- Creating & Studying RF coverage maps, perform simulations and identify problem areas, also troubleshooting areas with poor coverage and Quality and recommending suitable solutions.
- Proficient in using Planning (Asset/Ericsson Tools) tool extract data as per design requirements
- Draft RF design solutions to address RAN network issues to be reviewed by Radio Planning Supervisor/Manager.
- Prepare and submit periodic coverage map and reports, Able to suggest design changes for Network improvement GSM/WCDMA/LTE network.
- Support Site acquisition team and Regional Teams to find the suitable site locations to build sites based on nominal plans
- Validating the technical site survey details and provide valuable feedback and correction if required
- Interfacing with Internal and External Teams (GSC), coordinating and validating the technical work of a small group of RF Engineers
- Provide support to Sales and solution department, also engage with presales activities, including pre-studies
- Participate in customer projects, handling scope, risks, changes and customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree and above in Electronics and Communication or relevant fields.
- At least 8+ years of multi technology experience in Radio Networks Design Strategic Planning, and Solutions.
- Deep understanding of latest technological trends in Radio Network, including Small Cells, CA, MIMO, IOT, etc.
- Above 5 years of versatile experience in Planning of Radio Networks.
- Strong Experience on Design and Planning, experience in Ericsson NW Design Tools, Radio Products, and Solutions (GSM, WCDMA and LTE).
- Good understanding of advanced and complex radio networks and should be able to assist with advanced Planning and creative design solutions.
- Must have customer facing and engagement experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree and above in Electronics and Communication or relevant fields.
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills for effective communication and relationship development with customer.
- Strong Experience on EDOS Tools – ACP, AFP, ERA, TPS, ECO, ENCP.
- Good command on MS Office esp. MS Excel and PowerPoint and Hands on experience with common tools (TEMS, MapInfo, ACTi, Nemo, ITK, AMOS etc.).
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Knowledge of business plans, customer requirements, and market.
- Trainings and Certifications for various technologies and products.
- Ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Good presentation skills
- Time management
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work with diverse backgrounds.
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
How To Apply