Full-time NASCON Allied Industries Plc – The Dangote Group: HSE Officer Vacancy
The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
The Job : HSE Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Organization: NASCON Allied Industries Plc
Employment Type: Full-time
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Execute regular site inspections and ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Lead in-house training with managers end employees about health end safety lessen and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employ’s industry.
- Manage and organize safe disposal of hazardous substances
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations. hazardous substances noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Environmental related discipline;
- Member of an internationally recognized environmental/safety/health professional body preferred. (IOSH. CMIOSH advantageous) – Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of working in an Engineering, Food Processing. Chemical and/or Pharmaceutical environment.
- Proven experience in the supervision/management of professional and administrative staff.
- Excellent technical capabilities
- Excellent working knowledge of applicable H&S legislation, occupational health and safety hazard identification and risk assessment occupational health and safety accident and illness prevention and protection techniques and international standards.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill.
- Managerial and leadership skills.
- Project Management negotiation/dispute mitigation and presentation skill.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV’s and cover letter (with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email) to: [email protected]