Full-time MTN Nigeria: Manager, Learning Solutions Vacancy
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
The Job :Manager, Learning Solutions
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Co-ordinate and lead the development and sourcing of competency-based learning solutions for MTN Nigeria Responsible for sustaining a culture of innovation and continuous learning within the team. Also responsible for driving the timely delivery of business targets whilst ensuring that team members understands their specific and unique role to bottom line results. Responsible for determining the (best) practice means for achieving organisational goals within budgetary constraints
- Ensures continuous improvement; contingencies and alternatives
- Coordinates available resources to best achieve organisational goals
- Time span for outcome of work/ decision to come to fruition 2 year – with milestones within year 1 and year 2 respectively
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Review trends in training and development and contribute to the development of MTN Training Strategy and develop Customer Relations Frontline Capability Development Strategy (Customer Relations, Sales & Distribution).
- Review MTN Competency Model including Job Competency Profiles and develop training curriculum based on competencies in the model.
- Leverage MTN Competency Model to create learning programs and facilitate the design of learning solutions tailored to the business needs.
- Periodically review the development needs of departments and ensure learning directories are up to date in response to business needs.
- Develop assessment methods, templates and related systems for identifying and capturing development needs, including training needs of staff.
- Organize training needs assessment for individual staff and organization in consultation with departmental heads and managers, promoting linkage of needs with competency gaps.
- Consolidate training needs assessments and develop competency-based training plans for the organization, as well as provide input into the learning and development budget.
- Develop a needs assessment process and create an instructional design process with appropriate delivery methods and post-training evaluations.
- Analyze training needs and efficiently allocate training resources according to capacity, experience, knowledge of trainer and other relevant needs
- Define micro training requirements across the organization and source relevant local and international courses to meet such requirements for internal delivery.
- Identify, select and manage external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards.
- Manage training evaluation procedure using appropriate evaluation methodology (i.e. Kirk Patrick) and conduct surveys on the effectiveness of training periodically.
- Conduct checks on content development of learning materials and delivery, providing assurance in the quality and ensuring compliance with organizational standards and best practices.
- Manage employee development programs including internal training programs, MTN Academy Programme, Customer Relations Programme and Corporate Induction Programme.
- Review related regulations with respect to training and administer process for ITF compliance.
- Track competencies of Customer Relations frontline staff and ensure appropriate programme selection and delivery for frontline competency development, to accomplish defined customer experience strategy.
- Produce relevant reports and statistics/data in support of learning solutions management.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of Learning Solutions team, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Standard MTNN working conditions.
- Open plan office.
- Field work: < 40% of total work hours
Experience & Training
- First degree preferably in the social sciences/ a recognized learning and development qualification. e.g. CIPD diploma
- 6 – 13 years of experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in curriculum development
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
How To Apply