Full-time MTN Nigeria: Engineer RF Optimization Vacancy
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
The Job : Engineer RF Optimization
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Coordinate and monitor Managed Services vendors to ensure that carry out optimization activities in line with MTNN strategy in order to achieve cell level KPI’s without compromising Network integrity and customer experience.
- Measure Network Capacity and coverage enhancement functions within the assigned cluster with: o Capacity – Ensure MTNN network accommodates anticipated subscriber level 3 months ahead o Coverage – Oversee enhancement and coverage optimization with TMA, MHA and indoor repeaters. o Technology integration – Ensure multiservice sites (2G, 3G, etc) are properly designed and integrated with minimal complexity and good Inter Radio Access Technology performance.
- Measure Network optimization/performance management within the region with: o Participate in LAC planning & optimization. o Drive the management and maintenance network quality
- Track and monitor behavior and status of all sites in the cluster which includes: o Nominal plan from Coverage Steering Group o Planned sites o Site acquisition status o Build configuration and status o Traffic levels o Quality KPI’s
- Monitor the execution of nominal radio coverage and capacity rollout design for the assigned cluster
- Monitor and analyze network performance and configuration to ensure KPIs are in conformance with targets
- Analyze traffic, utilization and subscriber growth, continuously, in order to foresee needs for capacity expansion.
- Review, prepare and load cell data for integration of sites onto the network
- Coordinate testing of newly integrated sites for performance and necessary network adjustments for optimal network performance post integration.
- Ensure Vendor optimisation activities is in line with optimisation strategy cascaded by RF Technical specialist
- Monitor Vendor activities within assigned cluster to ensure all activities in scope are being carried out
- Analyse drive test logs to ensure coverage is not compromised for improved KPI’s
- Review changes implemented by Vendors to ensure network integrity is not compromised
- Communicate and coordinate special event coverage with Vendors
- Maintain accurate and thorough Knowledge of the network architecture
- Evaluate and approve capacity expansion requests by MS Vendors
- Vet penalty execution claims monthly
- Coordinate customer complains resolution with Optimisation Vendor
- Coordinate the handling of local network queries raised by the customer operations team in the assigned cluster
- Escalate/ Ensure prompt response to customer queries.
- Maintain at all times a detailed knowledge of the behavior and status of all sites in the assigned cluster to aid feedback to management
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- First Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related disciplines
- 3 – 7 years of experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- RF Optimisation experience with a GSM or Wireless Telecomm operator
- Experience on 3G Optimisation Training:
- Training on the BSS/RAN/UTRAN aspect Networks
- Radio planning and optimisation of 2G and 3G networks
- Training on vendor specific equipment and software
- Other general training, e.g. Presentation skills etc.
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND.
How To Apply