Full-time Midwestern Oil & Gas Company Limited: Reservoir Engineer Vacancy
Midwestern Oil & Gas Company Limited is a Nigerian company involved in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas. The company operates a joint venture with Sun Trust Oil Co. Limited in its Marginal Field in the Southern region of the country. Midwestern prides itself in hiring highly trained and motivated personnel who are driven to achieving its various aims and objectives, particularly the need for the organization to attain steady growth while operating in an environmentally safe community.
The Job : Reservoir Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reporting Line: Reports to the Head Subsurface
- Conducts reservoir simulation studies to determine optimum methods of maximizing ultimate oil recovery and enhance individual well performance.
- Propose studies with the objectives to improve field management.
- Perform Reservoir Engineering studies related to classical analytical techniques (material balance analysis, fractional flow, decline analysis, numerical techniques) for primary depletion and secondary recovery (water/gas injection) projects.
Production/Oil Recovery Support:
- Monitors production from field, analyses all relevant data and ensures that reservoirs are being properly managed, production is optimized and recoveries are optimal.
- Develop strategies to improve field production and recovery.
- Prepares production testing proposals and provides guidelines for execution. Evaluate, interpret results and recommend optimum methods of performance monitoring.
- Prepare detailed short, medium and long-term production forecasts.
- Establish reservoir management strategies where they do not exist and update existing policies and procedures in line with statutory regulations.
- Manage and direct reservoir surveillance activities (MER, BHP etc.) and reservoir definition and behaviour prediction.
- Employ standard procedures and guidelines to estimate oil and gas reserves, and prepare/ document Annual Report of Producing Reservoirs (ARPR).
- Challenge/screen well proposals and perform well evaluations and post mortem reviews.
- Conduct, document and present field reviews and further development proposals.
- Study and rank potential infill, recompletion and work-over targets
- Ensure migration of reservoir engineering studies/ projects from third party contractor(s) and formulate implementation plans.
- Ensure that all Reservoir Engineering work is performed to a quality standard which fits the purpose for which it is intended.
- Attend data rooms, to gather and evaluate information and provide reservoir engineering input to the asset evaluation report.
- Implement Company’s health, safety and environmental policy, procedure and regulation as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Participate in Operational duties outside office hours.
- Participate in Wells Engineering and Drilling activities in the company.
- Carry out other tasks as delegated by the Head Subsurface
- Minimum of ten (10) years reservoir management experience with an operating company or specialist service company
- University Degree in Petroleum Engineering or any related field service
- A Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering will be an advantage
- Membership of professional bodies; e.g. Nigerian Society of Engineers, National Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPEE), Society for Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Registration with COREN etc. shall be an advantage
How To Apply