Full-time Midwestern Oil & Gas Company Limited: Production Technologist Vacancy
Midwestern Oil & Gas Company Limited is a Nigerian company involved in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas. The company operates a joint venture with Sun Trust Oil Co. Limited in its Marginal Field in the Southern region of the country. Midwestern prides itself in hiring highly trained and motivated personnel who are driven to achieving its various aims and objectives, particularly the need for the organization to attain steady growth while operating in an environmentally safe community.
The Job : Production Technologist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reports to: The Head Subsurface
- Monitor and evaluate well, reservoir and field performance with a view to optimizing daily production and recoverable reserves through the design of well completions (particularly horizontal completions) and artificial lift methods, understanding the constraints on the wells, reservoirs and facilities
- Identify areas of poor performance and formulate solutions through proposals for well interventions that will improve productivity
- Initiate and participate in the design and programming of well completions, in particular horizontal completions, with the aim of optimizing well inflow performance for the (mostly horizontal) liner completions
- Assist in drawing up a sand management strategy, addressing monitoring, prediction and exclusion methods
- Provide Production technology input to field development plans, including well completion design, well performance prediction, optimum artificial lift method, production chemistry issues, processing facilities, HSE issues, risks and uncertainties, etc.
- Advise operating departments on the physical constraints applicable to the well / reservoir / field production (e.g. sand, water, gas production, scaling potential, corrosion potential, etc.
- Actively search for improvements, keeping abreast of new technology and incorporating it where applicable to improve the Company’s overall effectiveness.
- Minimum of ten (10) years practical production technology experience with an operating company or specialist service company
- Degree in Engineering and Physical Sciences
- SPE or any related professional qualification will be ideal.
How To Apply