Internship Mercy Corps: Procurement Intern Vacancy
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now, and for the future
The Job : Procurement Intern
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Procurement Intern will be based in Abuja and will provide day-to-day support to the Operations in Abuja under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer based in Abuja.
- The successful candidate will undertake Procurement duties working in close collaborations with other operations team members as well Programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support in the daily coordination of MC procurement activities;
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation;
- Assist in the Collection of quotations and bids from the market for PR’s as assigned by supervisor – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with vendors during collection of quotations – explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
- Provide equal opportunity for vendors/suppliers to make price and specification quotations.
- Guarantee the confidentiality of all specification and price quotations made by vendors/suppliers.
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Procurement Officer;
- Assist in the preparation of required documentation
- Assists the P&L management and office staff with procurement activities, as required;
- Assists P&L management with asset management .
- The Procurement Intern will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- A B.Sc or HND in Business related field is essential
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated interest for pursuing a career in HR related role.
- Fluency in English Language
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally, s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management. S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn. Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
How To Apply
Applicants are encouraged to submit their CV’s and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org All applications must include the position title in the subject line, be not more than four pages.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.