Full-time Medecins Du Monde: Female Psychosocial Support Counsellor Vacancy
Medecins Du Monde has been working in Nigeria-Maiduguri since 2016 and implements projects aimed at assisting and improving the lives of persons with disabilities to lead normal and productive lives within their communities. To achieve these aims MDM is working within communities and in partnership with local authorities, associations to empower them in finding lasting solutions to their challenges.
The Job : Female Psychosocial Support Counsellor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Coordinator
Maiduguri and Damboa
6 Months (with possibility of extension)
monthly working hours
208 hours ( from Monday to Friday, occasional weekend work)
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Deliver one-on-one (Individual) and group counselling sessions to identified clients through MDM Clinics, and in line with MDM integrated approach
- Develop psychosocial activities; community mobilization, awareness raising, creation of family support group, working on family links etc.
- Support MH Coord in delivering training, workshops etc as outlined in the project.
- Support in the creation of materials including publicity documents, workshops contents.
- Engage with the community to deliver and promote MDM MHPSS project activities in the designated locations.
- Assist in writing monthly, quarterly, annual reports, monitoring and evaluation activity and progress reports of project activities including monthly reporting to the MHPSS Coordinator.
- On request support MH Coord in specific tasks
- Maintain a positive image of MDM at all times and in all circumstances.
- Note: This job description is not exhausted and the staff member may be asked from time to time to perform duties over and above those described here. The staff member is also expected to maintain confidentiality of all beneficiaries and internal information at all times.
- Be educated to Degree/Diploma level in Psychology, Counselling, Social Sciences, Community Development or related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience in related work within an INGO or organization similar setting.
- Experience in MHPSS project implementation within an INGO setting
- Good knowledge of counseling and community mobilization methods and tools
- Good spoken and written English
- Good spoken and written Hausa , with at least one other local language: Kanuri and Marghi, Shuwa, Fulani,
- Good communicator with proven organizational skills
- Previous experience in TOT
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team setting
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Good computer skills (Microsoft word,Power Point and Excel)
- Experience in supporting medical team and community based organizations
- Experience of working with Hospital could be added advantage
- Knowledge about MHPSS
- Experience working with survivors of trauma, including GBV
- Working in emergency and development project
- Exposure to research
- Good knowledge of Borno state.
How To Apply
Send CV + cover letter explaining why you consider yourself suitable for this position and providing a valid email and telephone contact to No. 149 Abubakar Grangrang street, off Damboa road, Behind NTA, Maiduguri or by email to: [email protected]
Ensure to place “Female Psychosocial Support Counsellor” in the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Starting date: ASAP
Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews
Interviews written test and interviews will be done in Maiduguri
Applications not meeting the minimum qualifications or received after the expiry date of this Vacancy Notice shall not be considered. If you have not heard from the employer in ONE week from the closure date of this Vacancy Notice please consider your application as unsuccessful.
MDM would like to thank all applicants for their interest.
MDM is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from anyone persons regardless of your gender.