Full-time MasterCard Ongoing Cv Submission, Lagos, Nigeria
As a technology company in the global payments business, we operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories.
Mastercard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
The Job : Director, Public Policy – Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Director, Public Policy – Sub-Saharan Africa
An experienced public policy practitioner to drive Mastercard’s advocacy efforts in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The jobholder will bring a positive commitment to joining a dynamic and collaborative team focused on the formulation and implementation of strategic plans for government and third-party influencer engagement to positively shape the policy debate and outcome.
The key objectives are:
1.\tPosition Mastercard as a trusted partner and enabler of the national agenda, focusing on accelerating the migration to electronic payments to enable digital economies, spurring innovation and driving financial inclusion.
2.\tEnable business and safeguard Mastercard’s interests by advocating a conducive regulatory environment.
3.\tCreate a positive cycle of engagement whereby our policy advocacy is reinforced by demonstrating our value proposition through strategic communications and government programs.
Based in the Mastercard office in Nigeria (or at another Mastercard office within Sub-Saharan Africa), the role reports to the Vice President and Head of Public Policy – Middle East & Africa and will engage in regular consultation with the Division President and his direct reports. The jobholder will work closely with colleagues in the business, legal and regulatory functions to ensure issues that are of concern to Mastercard are identified and managed in a way that benefits Mastercard and our stakeholders.
- Develop and execute public policy strategy and implementable engagement programs for the Division. These programs will be designed to both preemptively head-off and respond to legislative, policy and regulatory threats to Mastercard and the electronic payments industry.
- Brief country, regional and global executive management of regulatory developments, recommend appropriate course of action and work closely with internal stakeholders to move the agenda forward.
- Establish and enhance relationships with key government officials and third-party influencers.
- Coordinate industry cooperation on non-competitive public policy issues and represent Mastercard in industry forums, associations and related activities.
- Manage external agencies to represent and advocate Mastercard’s interests.
- The ideal candidate will have a distinguished track record as a high achieving public policy practitioner with a demonstrated capability to develop and successfully execute policy advocacy programs.
- Educated to university degree level, with 10-12 years’ experience in similar Public Policy or Government Relations roles in a major multinational business or consultancy.
- An intimate working knowledge of the processes and inner workings of the legislative and political process and an ability to analyze the impact of legislation on Mastercard and develop strategies to move our interests forward.
- Strong leadership skills with particular success building and enhancing credibility for the function with the organization.
- A collaborative team player who will work well with senior management and peers, as a high-energy, self-motivated and results-driven individual.
- Must possess strong analytical approach to problem solving, ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, able to deal with short deadlines and work productively in high pressure situations in dynamic commercial and policy environments.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French communication and interpersonal skills as a foundation for developing and maintaining strong internal relationships at all levels, cross-functionally and across business units and geographies within Mastercard.
- Willing to travel both within Sub-Saharan Africa, and as necessary to the regional headquarters in Dubai and global headquarters in New York.
- While knowledge and experience of the financial services and payments sector is valued, candidates need not be currently working in these sectors. Experience in the technology sector also a plus.
How To Apply