Full-time MasterCard: Account Manager – West Africa Recruitment
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
The Job : Account Manager – West Africa
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The job holder will carry out responsibilities detailed below in the assigned location within West Africa markets
• Deliver against sales targets for MasterCard products & services and net revenue targets from new and existing business
• Design specific strategies that deliver customized solutions for the business that drive profit, revenue growth and value creation for both MasterCard and the customer
• Collaborate with the account team and customer to establish and execute annual business plans and quarterly review sessions to establish, monitor and report progress against joint objectives that include business development, advertising, marketing and product management activities
• Assist with analysis of the customer’s business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis
• Obtain or exceed assigned revenue quota
• To ensure delivery of the financial goals as stated in the multiple Business Agreements with these customers
• Deliver the best of MasterCard to these customers by leveraging local and regional resources to maximise development opportunities and provide excellent customer service
• Be the responsible “face of MasterCard” to the Customer through high level interactions with key stakeholders such as, mid to senior bank executives and representatives of marketing and card vendors as well as third party processing companies.
This individual will take on a key customer relationship management role for our anchor tenant banks. The person will need to be able to balance the need to have strategic conversations with senior clients, guide mid level executives on portfolio optimization and manage the resolution of a number of business and operational issues.
In addition, the successful candidate may later take on CRM responsibilities for other banks in the West Africa markets.
• Manage the overall MasterCard / Customer relationships with financial institutions as stated above (“the Customer”), taking responsibility for
• Understanding the business drivers and payment priorities for the Customer
• Preparing and executing against an Account Plan, that focuses on initiatives that will drive mutual growth for both organisations
• Developing a Contact Management plan, to ensure active & relevant communication with executives from the Customer, as part of MasterCard’s overall Customer Relationship Management strategy
• Identifying and developing new business opportunities, which could include new products and/or new technology
• Chair the very important MasterCard/Customer Joint Executive Steering Committee meeting, held quarterly to review key performance, priorities and projects. Prepare Agenda and co-ordinate all presentations.
• Ensure the relationship with the Customer delivers on MasterCard’s financial goals
• Develop financial models based on estimated Customer gross dollar volumes to structure new deals and alliance agreements and ensure their approval by MasterCard Finance
• Structure deals and alliance agreements with the Customer to support brand positioning and corporate objectives of achieving financial goals, increasing card gross dollar volume and card market share
• Negotiate and agree the terms of these deals and alliance agreements with the Customer, with the support of the MasterCard Legal team
• Review and track Customer Business Agreement contract commitments, including the timely submission and summation of all rebates & incentive payments. Ensure these payments are communicated fully to senior management, track key MasterCard and Customer card metrics on a monthly and quarterly basis, and benchmark performance to other Customers in East & West Africa. In instances of underperformance create plans to increase performance and / or highlight gaps for executive management attention
• Analyse the ‘Customer Operating Statement’ that records all MasterCard revenue and incentives relating to the Customer on a quarterly basis, comparing to plan and updating the forecast as necessary. This responsibility extends to managing the MasterCard P&L relating to the Customer
• Analyse the Customer’s cards related business performance with respect to card gross dollar volume and card market share vs. Market data
• Deliver the best of MasterCard to the Customer by leveraging local and regional resources to maximise development opportunities and provide excellent customer service
• Actively engage and coordinate efforts with other Customer-facing MasterCard resources including Product Sales Specialists, Customer Marketing Specialists, MasterCard Advisors Account Specialists, Regional Implementation Support, Strategic Operations and processing resources
• Establish market and Customer specific business development/marketing strategies to build the MasterCard brand via syndicated marketing
• Provide oversight for project plans developed by MasterCard in association with Customers.
• Communicate and consult with the customer regarding product and card industry knowledge.
• Ensure that all MasterCard corporate policies and procedures are followed.
• Contribute sense of positive enthusiasm to the Customer in all interactions
Key Competencies sought:
• Business Acumen
• Knowledge leadership
• Finance and planning
• Solution drive
• Results orientation
• Strong Analytical ability
• Influence; assertiveness; initiative
• Autonomy; independence; accountable and responsibly
• Quantitative, qualitative and analytical insight
• Commitment; passion and energy
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
• 10 years experience in consumer banking and the payments industry
• A good track record of P&L management
• Basic knowledge of payment products and solutions
• Able to integrate knowledge across key disciplines (i.e., marketing, operations, and risk) and must demonstrate effective leadership, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
• Demonstrated maturity and ability to interact and effectively build relationships across all levels of client organization including senior management
• Demonstrated project delivery and project management skills
• Assertive, proactive personality; with strong presence – demonstrated persistence resolving issues and developing opportunities.
• Creative individual, strong team player, decisive and results driven with high energy levels and initiative
• Thorough understanding of Sales Discipline Framework
• Strong commercial, financial acumen and good data analytical skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Solid client relationship management skills
• Very strong demonstrated inter-personal skills
How To Apply