Full-time Manufacturing Director at FirstExcelsia Professional Services
Our client, a major player in the FMCG industry desires to hire an experienced Manufacturing Director to manage its plant operations. The ideal candidate should have strong people and operations management track record and should have effectively performed in a similar role.
The role’s responsibility is to lead plant operations and supply chain function in one of regions of Nigeria.
The Job : Manufacturing Director
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Provide direction & clear objectives to optimize operational performance of manufacturing plant in his/her region including (but not limited to) production outputs, operational efficiencies, product and process quality, equipment health management and manufacturing costs.
- Ensure business and functional strategy is regularly communicated, understood and manufacturing results in areas of responsibility are delivered in line with strategic business objectives.
- Ensure profitable volume and market share growth in the region through robust supply planning and operations processes and business performance management systems.
- Ensure implementation of relevant continuous improvement initiatives to drive operational excellence and exploit growth opportunities within plant operations.
- Drive sustainable quality, safety and environment agenda through teams (and line operations) across the region.
- Drive the implementation of talent and capability development programs for the manufacturing team in his/her region.
- Develop and maintain progressive relationship across key internal and external stakeholder groups to ensure smooth business operations
- Ensures proper functioning of Operations and Supply chain processes, in line with the business strategy, in order to deliver products according to the requirements of the clients, in a cost-efficient way.
- Formulates the Manufacturing strategy for the Business Line consistent with the Company overall strategy of which results in mid to long term plans for Supply Chain.
- Sets up and implements year plans for the Company, including budgets, in line with the strategy of market developments and it’s financial and other business objectives, which gives guidance for the activities of the Supply Chain.
- Ensures the integration and translation of demand plans into adequate production plans and develops and maintains a production organization (including operational planning, continuous improvement programs, and engineering), in order to ensure cost efficient production of the agreed products.
- Ensures proper functioning of technical engineering in order to ensure cost efficient production of the agreed products.
- Implements and ensures the execution of quality policies for the Company, in line with the overall strategy and corporate, external quality and legal requirements, in order to provide quality assurance for the production process and deliver high quality products to customers.
- Purchase raw materials and equipment, in line with the Category Procurement Strategy and the Business Procurement Strategy, resulting in the timely availability of goods and/or services under the best possible conditions.
- Ensures the determination of cost prices based on the alignment of the production planning to the demand plans within the overall strategy and corporate guidelines.
- Manage the financial process and Capex / Investment programs, in compliance with the Financial Management policy, resulting in the agreed upon investments and financial objectives and insight in financial results , which enable management to steer.
- Controls the budget(s) of the department, takes corrective actions when necessary, and ensures adequate reporting, to ensure that the departments deliver their budgets.
- Manage the human resources management process, in compliance with the Human Resources Management policy, resulting in the desired organizational structure, culture and workforce.
Knowledge,Skills and experience
- B.Sc. degree in Industrial Engineering or Technology; a postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with at least 8 years in a senior leadership role
- Production management, Logistics, maintenance/engineering management, supply chain or project management.
- Financial knowledge on costing ad budgets
- FMCG and Plant Operations experience are essential.
How To Apply
If interested and qualified, please send resumes/CVs to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.