Full-time Manager, Health & Safety at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile, is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
The Job : Manager, Health & Safety
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Lead theHealth and Safety function in the management of physical, technical andpersonal security, ensuring that EMTS staff and assets are protected.
- Coordinatethe development and implementation of Health and Safety policies, proceduresand standards to ensure all EMTS activities and operations are executed in ahealthy, safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Oversee the implementation of strategies for the provision of efficientand effective health and safety support to safeguard EMTS’s assets andpersonnel
- Lead and direct all activities relating to the creation and maintenanceof a secure physical environment for EMTS operations.
- Establish physical Health and Safety standards as regards EMTSstaff/personnel, asset and business relationships.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to Healthand Safety activities
- Continuously review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendationsfor improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensureenhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding and allocation toachieve the unit’s function/strategy.
- Establish relationships with key internal and external stakeholdersi.e. relevant agencies (Federal Road Safety Corps, Fire Service, HealthInstitutions, etc).
- Coordinate regular updates on health and safety policies and proceduresin line with environmental realities and innovation
- Review periodic regional health and safety report.
- Coordinate activities of health and safety officers ensuring optimalservice delivery and compliance with stated policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the monitoring of the effectiveness/efficiency of health andsafety regularly and proffer appropriate recommendation.
- Coordinate the analysis of health and safety information and developrelevant mitigating action steps.
- Constitute and manage crisis management team.
- Develop and ensure regular review and update of Health and Safetypolicies and guidelines in line with regulatory trends and company objectives.
- Coordinate the implementation of safety procedures fororganisation-wide operations covering: base station construction,installations, administrative offices maintenance etc.
- Organise appropriate safety training for employees as required tofoster health and safety consciousness and understanding of individual roles inimplementing EMTS’s health and safety policies.
- Implement the function’s work programs and plans inline with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources ofthe team/ function to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergyacross the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members andmanage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall teamobjectives.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of theunit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity andperformance reports for the attention of the Director, Business Partnering& Health & Safety
- Perform any other dutiesas assigned by the Director, Business Partnering & Health & Safety.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a relatedfield will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Six (6) to eight (8)years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
How To Apply