Full-time Leaf Admin Coordinator at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
The Job : Leaf Admin Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Number: 21037BR
Location: Iseyin, Oyo
Appointment type: Permanent
- Job Purpose And Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Leaf Administrative Coordinator to join our team in Iseyin.
- To obtain crop inputs requirement from the Leaf Department Manager raise appropriate procurement request on ADB
- To generate purchase orders for materials as agreed with HOL on SAP
- To generate transaction authorisation document (TAD) for services rendered to Leaf Department to ensure payments are made for such goods and services.
- To follow up with procurement for timely delivery of M&S and other crop inputs.
- To ensure proper documentation of all inputs receipts, monitor stock levels and prepare monthly/year end reports.
- To present physical stocks to the finance team for quarterly crop inputs physical verification exercise.
- To ensure issuance and distribution of all crop inputs to farmers based on their approved requests.
- To ensure safe keep and proper documentation of mechanisation spare parts transactions.
- To ensure that the guest houses and residential houses are in proper habitable conditions at all times.
- To compile and monitor Leaf team annual leave plan.
- To verify all staff, contractors, suppliers and government agencies bills to ensure correctness and validity.
- To register, extend, unblock vendors on SAP as may be required by the business.
- To provide support to ensure all the buying scales are serviced as at when due and certificate of verification obtained from the federal ministry before commencement of leaf purchases.
- As a records management coordinator, should ensure that Leaf department records keeping is in line with approved company records management guidelines.
- To organise leaf department meetings, leaf conferences, seminars and relate with delegates in a satisfactory manner.
- To assist the co-ordinator regarding all EH&S requirements in BATIA.
- To provide support for servicing of BAT Leaf tractors on lease scheme.
- Carry out materials shipment, materials sourcing, materials receipt and other issues on BATLeaf (Farmers Accounts management system).
- To provide all other required business logistics support to management as may be required.
- Ability to lead his team by showing personal example of excellence.
- Ability to discipline self and others.
- To liaise with the labour contractors for efficient and effective supervision of their contract staff.
- To facilitate efficient running of power, telecommunications and water facilities.
- To properly manage the flue pipe fabrication process to ensure sustainability.
- To ensure that crop inputs are in good keeping conditions at all times
- Should develop cordial and effective working relationship with the appropriate personnel in the various company locations and other key identified stakeholders.
- Should inspire confidence of all team members.
- Have knowledge of sources for extracting the desired information.
- Ability to absorb and apply new learning (constructive engagement with all invited stakeholders both before and during dialogue sessions).
- Ability to act proactively with in getting things done.
- Ability to listen and build on other idea.
- Besides close liaison with his reporting line in the Leaf Department, he has to directly communicate and work with other members of staff as well as employees in other service/support functions as well as external stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- The job holder should have at least HND/B.Sc degree with minimum of 3 years relevant practical experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook) and SAP.
- Should possess effective and good communication skills, Influencing and Negotiations capabilities.
- Should be resilient, self-driven, able to work under pressure, meet set deadlines and may sometimes be required to work long and extra hours.
- Possess basic knowledge and understanding of stores/inventory management, concepts of accounting, employee relations and Environmental, Health & Safety principles.
- Should be willing to work in strict adherence to company policies, procedures, controls and guidelines.
- Be willing to challenge the status quo and build on the ideas of other
- Has to provide administrative support to management for smooth running of the department.
- SAP Knowledge
How To Apply