Full-time Leader Acceptance and Commerce Development at MasterCard Nigeria
MasterCard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Job : Leader Acceptance and Commerce Development
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The role is an individual contributor role requiring the candidate to be a self-starter and be able to function independently using high levels of relationship management skills
- The role demands capability to operate at a strategic and operational level and work with high levels of empowerment and accountability.
- Lead the development of West Africa Acceptance Strategic Vision – with a focus on Traditional Acceptance including but not limited to Inbound XB hotspots and Ecommerce Development
- Construct the annual acceptance plans to achieve business performance on agreed metrics including GAV, Revenue, Acceptance footprint metrics like new merchants, categories, terminals and quality, operational efficiency. The West Africa market is a high focus market for Inbound XB and hence the role will also require a strong focus on being able to develop Inbound XB Acceptance Corridors, Hotspots and Key Partnerships across West Africa
- Own execution to deliver the strategic vision and annual plans for acceptance.
- Be able to influence and drive a set of cross-functional teams. This includes working directly with external stakeholders like acquirers, key merchants, gateways; payment facilitators, aggregators, Fintech companies and business partners / vendors, Third Party Providers
- Engage with internal MasterCard cross functional teams (Network, Customer delivery, Emerging payments, Account management, Corporate product & sales, Country teams to progress the acceptance agenda
- Leverage acquirer relationships as extensions of MasterCard to sell MasterCard products and services to enhance stickiness and drive value for MasterCard
- Create opportunities for furthering MC Brand, advocacy of cashless, monitor & track competition.
- Support the West Africa Head of Non Traditional Acceptance Development in achieving parity for Mastercard domestically.
- Drive thought leadership, with demonstrated acquiring/payments business understanding, preferable relevant expertise and be able to relate to merchant acceptance.
- Support development and implementation of long and short term strategies for expanding acceptance across consumer & corporate payment verticals – includes acceptance footprint, adoption and usage across traditional & non-traditional acceptance
- Identify existing trends, adopt and proliferate relevant new technologies, MIS reporting
- Self-starter, achieve pre-set business targets in coordination with country and other cross functional units.
- Keen problem solver – ability to identify problems, analyze and fix permanently. Lead an e2e Problem Resolution & Satisfaction approach.
- Provide merchant & acquiring members “voice” within MasterCard; manage acquirer satisfaction, negotiate acquirer and processor support of MasterCard products, services and strategic initiatives.
How To Apply