Full-time Lead, Information Security & Business Continuity at Airtel Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
The Job : Lead, Information Security & Business Continuity
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Looking for a candidate to fill the role of Lead IT Security & Business Continuity in the Information Technology department
- The role is located at the Airtel Head Office, Lagos and has no direct reports.
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Implementing information security policies, procedures and practices within various business processes, product/services and employee activities across all functions and lines of business.
- Ensure on-ground enforcement and continual monitoring of security operations within all Airtel functions, strategic partners and other third parties in the defined OpCos.
- Support business and technology teams by evaluating security related aspects of critical services such as Airtel Money; assessment of the solutions and services platform
- Monitor ongoing IT & NW security projects
- Facilitate Internal and External IT audits, support the operations team during on-ground closure of the audit observations; carry out investigations and forensics; assess risks that may lead to breach of confidentiality and business disruptions; implement process/technology controls to mitigate the identified risks; closely interact with respective security heads in other OpCos; review fraud management activities completed by the operations teams; collaborate with functions to roll-out security policies and procedures.
- Ensure availability of appropriate security IM, GSDs, and system-level implementation procedures in association with system-owners;
- Ensure ISMS implementation and successful certification (ISO 27001 or 22301) once undertaken in the Airtel locations;
- Review functional implementation of security through ISWG and respective function heads within OpCos; mitigation of the risks that may arise out of Third Parties and eventually ensuring compliance to BTSP
- Manage OpCo-wide security override function, according to the central security approvals after evaluating associated risks
- Support BCP/DR activities; ensuring implementations of security controls at the critical processing areas such as Shared Services (RA, CSD, Finance, HR and SCM);
- Monitor compliance artefacts supporting partner security SLAs; and institutionalize Customer Privacy Framework.
Successful applicants must have the required skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Technology/Engineering or related discipline
- Security Certification (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CEH, etc)
- 10-15 years relevant work experice in this field
- Excellent knowledge of Information Security standards, policies, controls and structures prevalent in the telecom industry along with Africa operating environment
- Experience in handling information security operations or consulting for large and geographically dispersed organizations.
- High level appreciation of Security Architecture and Infrastructure across application, middleware, OS and network domain
- Experience in operational and strategic information security risk management.
- Must have adequate knowledge of the ISO 27001 Standard.
- Must be familiar with the contents of relevant Government Acts and Guidelines in the Information Technology domain.
- Excellent knowledge of information security frameworks such as COBIT
- Knowledege of the latest trends, technology developments, tools and methodologies in the IS Risk Management arena.
- Ability to focus on the right issues
- Possesses high level of intelligence and mental agility
- Balances long term plans with achievement of short term goals
- Has ability to grasp the bigger picture, bring order to complexity and develop winning strategies
- Is decisive and has ability to take confident decisions based on rigorous analysis
- Has tolerance for risk and ambiguity
- Has ability to take calculated decisions even in the absence of perfect information
- Displays good judgement regarding people and is able to take tough people decisions
- Ability to make decisions that balance external customer and organizational needs
- Continual desire and ability to make an impact
- Passionate about winning and relentlessly pursues even more stretching targets
- Rapidly gets to grips with new situations, focuses on key issues and adds value
- Challenges the status quo and is quick to spot opportunities
- Ability to bring about fundamental and sustainable change
- Hungry for and pursues self-development
- Champions the development of others and coaches effectively
- Getting things done with and through others
- Show exceptional persuasive skills and is able to gain commitment for decisions /outcomes
- Is able to contribute as an individual and is also effective at collaboration
- Is self-aware and impact of own style on others
- Creates a can-do culture and inspires others to achieve results
- Is open about the agenda being pursued and keeps the appropriate people informed
- Inspires trust by acting as a role model and demonstrating the desired behaviors
- Passion for excellence
- Excellent communications skills (Oral and Written)
- Cheerful disposition
How To Apply