Full-time KPMG Nigeria: Chief Financial Officer Recruitment
KPMG Nigeria – Our client is a leading private investment holding company with interests in diverse portfolio of businesses. One of the strategic businesses (subsidiaries) is a startup Integrated Rice Farm, with about 30,000 hectares of land and a planned milling capacity of over 10,000 MT p.a. Our client is desirous of filling key role in this subsidiary with best-in class talent in terms of skills and experience for the position below:
The Job : Chief Financial Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Ref #: CF 80
Location: Jalingo, Taraba, Nigeria
Detailed Job Description
- The role is based in Jalingo Taraba State, and will act as a strategic partner to the business.
- The CFO will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient management of the farms financial resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the financial operations of the Farm and provide overall guidance and leadership in the execution of the activities of the function.
- Manage and oversee the entire day-to-day finance and accounting operations and finance team of the Farm.
- Oversee the development of the Farm’s budget and the allocation of financial
- Ensure appropriate financial forecasting, costing, cost tracking, project costing, monitoring and control.
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early warning of cost-overruns.
- Proactively manage and monitor the Farm’s cash flows to ensure optimal cash management and implement best practice treasury management practices.
- Prepare and submit periodic management reports and activities.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the Company’s financial statements in line with relevant statutory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Manage relationships with relevant regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Manage the Company’s General Ledger and ensure that all transactions are
- processed in line with acceptable accounting principles.
- Promote a culture of transparency and accountability in the Farm’s operations.
- Monitor and manage corporate performance management, including monitoring budgets etc.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following qualifications/ competencies amongst others:
- First Degree from a reputable institution in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional accounting/ finance certification from a reputable professional body, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA.
- Minimum of ten (10) years post-qualification experience with at least three (3) years in a management role.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Good understanding of the agriculture sector with specific knowledge of the rice value chain, including key players, markets and value drivers.
- Proven track record in managing an agribusiness at management level.
- Hands on experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organisation.
- Good communication, business presentation, persuasion, and analytical skills.
- High sense of integrity, responsibility and accountability.
How To Apply