Full-time Jumia Nigeria: Tax Manager Vacancy
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience. Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient with us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM’s Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
The Job : Tax Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
As Tax Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of tax accounting and will be one of the key support role for the Accounting function alongside the Head of AP, AR and Inventory accounting.
- Completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support in a timely manner
- Audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Accounting for income taxes and creation of efficient tax data collection systems
- Transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Assist CFO with tax planning issues and in estimating and monitoring annual cash taxes.
- Identify tax savings/optimization strategies
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules
- Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities
- Negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues
- Research the basis for tax positions to be taken
- Advise management regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies
- Advise management on the impact of new laws on tax liabilities
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Qualification & Experience
- Min 6 years of tax experience in public accounting firm and/ or MNC; 2-3 years of experience in accounting and finance.
- Superior negotiating skills towards tax authorities and within the own organization
- B.Sc. Accounting or other Social Science related course
- Professional Qualification such as ACA, ACCA or ACTI is required
- Good knowledge of local GAAP & IFRS.
- Experience with or curiosity for IT systems and ERP systems. E-commerce is 50% IT, so you must not be afraid of systems, Navision experience is a plus
- Strong working experience in local taxation.
How To Apply