Full-time Jumia Nigeria: Head of Social Media Recruitment
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
The Job : Head of Social Media
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Jumia with the development, execution and maintenance of social media engagement, monitoring, reporting, and analysis within the Marketing team. This position ensures all social media content and communication is in brand alignment.
In particular you will:
- Develop the local social media strategy for Jumia Nigeria in alliance with the central strategy and group goals
- Plan and execute the social media content and activities calendar to engage online followers, drive conversations and turn followers into recurring customers of Jumia Nigeria
- Lead Social Media executives as well as assign tasks across social media team
- Coordinate cross functional relationships between commercial team, graphic design team, digital marketing and social media team
- Analyze and report social media performance for Jumia Nigeria
- Developing content marketing and distribution strategies with key partners and reporting strategies and progress to senior marketing management.
- Maintain a constant awareness of social media trends locally as well as internationally and incorporate these trends in Jumia Nigeria’s social media content
- Working with the central Marketing and Communications teams to ensure alignment with company-wide best practices and policies
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business required.
- 7+ years of social media and campaign management, publishing, writing and content creation required (brand or agency).
- Success with marketing global brands via social media, transforming creative ideas into successful campaigns across multiple brands and platforms with the ability to deliver results; engagement, growth, brand sentiment, credibility, innovation
- Strong, senior relationships with social media platforms. Self-starter with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Familiar with social scheduling software such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, snapchat, etc.), their audience and how each platform can be most effectively utilized
How To Apply