Full-time Jhpiego Nigeria: Reproductive Health and Family Planning Advisor Vacancy
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some of it’s partners: Palladium. Society For Family Health, PharmAccess and many others will be implementing a USAID funded Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts called the Integrated Health Project (IHP) aims to implement priority primary health interventions in Kebbi, Bauchi, and Sokoto states to strengthen the states-, LGAs, and ward-level health system as well as strengthen engagement with the state government.
The Job : Reproductive Health and Family Planning Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Locations: Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto
Reports To: Technical Director
- The Reproductive Health and Family Planning Advisor will be responsible for providing leadership in capacity building and in the technical area of reproductive health and family planning for an upcoming USAID award in Nigeria.
- The Advisor will provide technical assistance at the State primary health care level activities.
- This integrated health project-aims to contribute to reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality in target states, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services. The project will operate over a 5-year period
- Provide technical guidance on RH/FP that is sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the State and USAID.
- Provide technical leadership, and build local capacity using proven training approaches and quality improvement methodologies.
- Provide trainings (providers and training of trainers) as well as follow-up support and clinical mentoring as necessary for RH/FR
- Support basic RH/FP care (including all methods of family planning, counselling, postpartum family planning and post abortion care services) at IHP- public and private primary health care State sites.
- Develop strategies for increasing the percentage of pregnant women, including married adolescents, who deliver under the care of a skilled birth attendant and accept a family planning method.
- Advocate with State Ministry of Health for adoption of new evidence based RH/FP best practices at health facilities is project sites.
- Advocate with other ministries, community, NGO’s, and religious leaders to support and promote RH/FP components.
- Contribute to and coordinate with the program’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team on activities to ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with national and USG standards.
- Represent program at state level stakeholder meetings and technical working groups in relation to RH/FP and related technical areas.
- Contribute to annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports and other required technical reports.
- Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results.
- Ensure quality program implementation consistent with MON Nigerian Guidelines, global best practices and USAID Nigerian Strategic Directions.
- Evaluate program progress against deliverables on a quarterly basis.
- With the State Technical Director, oversee program design, implementation, quality assurance and monitoring of work plan.
- Coordinate with the other members of the technical team and NGO partners to develop and implement feasible facility and community-based approaches.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor which contribute to the achievement of program goals.
- The Advisor: Reproductive Health and Family Planning must be a proven leader in the field of international RH/FP with senior-level management experience in public health programs. S/he must be well recognized by the RH/FP community in Nigeria. The Technical Advisor must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Medical doctor or Nurse/Midwife or any other closely related health care professional. Other health related courses (e.g. MPH, MSC or other relevant degree) will be an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in RH/FP in Africa, preferably in Nigeria
- Familiarity with the FMOH, SMOH structures and functions especially as it relates to RH/FP is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with host-country senior government officials and policy makers in RH/FR
- Experience working with host-country partners, organizations, and institutions.
- Strong skills in design, implementation and monitoring of program components; e.g. services, training, advocacy and coordination.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with African experts and partners in developing technical materials and providing training to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for expanding RH/FR
- Experience with technical leadership for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs in developing countries, with significant Nigeria experience.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an Application Letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: email@example.com please indicate location in your application & email title
Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified. The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.