Full-time Intuivar: Logistics Supervisor Vacancy
Intuivar: We are a terminal operator with the mandate to provide integrated maritime and logistics solutions to both inbound and outbound traffic for the South South, South East and North Central markets of Nigeria. Investments in equipment and terminal capital development has led to improved port infrastructural development, port logistics and services in terms of berthing of vessels, cargo discharge, storage and delivery. The organization has gone through restructuring and is strategically positioned to become the premier terminal operator in Africa.
The Job :Logistics Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reference Number: EIN004
Job Level: Supervisory
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and oversee the logistics activities of the transport function necessary for the provision of optimum transportation for all company requirements.
- Identify all company requirements and prepare logistical specifications of various road transport and air travel services required for the execution of company objectives. This will include establishment and maintenance of effective ICT systems to aid in electronic transactions with internal and external customers and service providers.
- Prepare specifications of outsourcing transport services including Air Travel and Ticketing Agency services, Car Hire services, Transfers and Taxi services, Safari services.
- Identify, establish and communicate effective logistical procedures to be used in transport operations, ensuring all customers are aware and follow statutory guidelines and Company procedures while handling company vehicles.
- Working knowledge of Round the World Fares and rules
- Obtain quotations from various airlines to find the best flight prices and options and buy and refund airline tickets as requested, Check-in for flights, select seats per artist preference, send boarding passes.
- Procure necessary visas and medical insurance information for all travels including itineraries related to flights & accommodation as requested.
- Managing databases of frequent flyer miles, tickets, and other important data
- Arrange hotels and airport transfers travel packages in anticipation of travel
- All responsibilities for confirmation of the Travel Package arrangements Prepare periodic reports on expenditure and related information regarding travel.
- To be responsible for controlling, supervising and optimizing the allocation of duties to drivers and all staff under their charge to ensure high performance standards are maintained.
- To ensure implementation of statutory requirements in respect of all works i.e. requirements of Transport Act, Electricity Act and Rules, Electrical and Mechanical Safety Rules and codes of procedures.
- To prepare plans for the section and budgets of Operating and Capital expenditure to support these plans and the agreed targets contributing to the realization of the Divisional and ultimately company objectives.
- Develop and retain talent including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time.
Qualification and Experience
- Good HND/University Degree
- Min. of 3 – 5 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of travel logistics and drivers’ management
- Knowledge of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
- Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage.
- General Administration
- Corporate and Internal Resource Management
- Logistics Management.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their Resumes to: [email protected] quoting the Job Title and Reference Number in the title of the mail.
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply