Full-time INTERSOS Nigeria: Nutrition Project Manager Recruitment
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
The Job : Nutrition Project Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: 01/07/2018
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: HoM (HoB)
Supervision of: 40 national staff and 1 expat staff
Dependents: no family duty
General Context of the Project
- Since 2009, the Boko Haram insurgency has crippled north eastern Nigeria. Borno State continues to be most affected, with over 1.8 million internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- Recent advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved humanitarian access in 25 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno, but have also revealed the extent of the crisis.
- In newly accessible areas, basic infrastructure has been destroyed, essential services are non-existent, and most local governance systems are not functional.
General Purpose of the Position
- The PM will oversee the activities, Administrative, HR and Logistics component of the project, ensuring operations quality, strategic programming and planning, ensuring strategic growth and strong external and internal representation and advocacy.
- S/he must be able to motivate and lead a diverse staff as well as effectively oversee the activities, budgets and partnerships.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supervise implementation of INTERSOS activities in a timely manner
- Develop and manage the implementation of/adherence to work plan and M&E plans
- Manage all financial resources allocated to INTERSOS, including budget holding responsibility, production of financial plans and cash forecasts and verification of budget vs. actual expenditure on a weekly and monthly basis
- Be responsible for all logistical procedures for the project – ensuring requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained for all procurements
- Ensure that reports are submitted to the Coordination of INTERSOS Nigeria as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Create and update on monthly basis the Project Appraisal Tool
- Update regularly project information and documents on INTERSOS Management Platform
- Ensure data is collected regularly to respond to agreed indicators
- Develop budgets and project proposals for the health, nutrition and protection sectors in Borno State, in close coordination with the technical team and the Coordination of INTERSOS Nigeria;
- Carry out rapid assessments to investigate further programming opportunities inside Borno State;
- Contribute to ensure 5W matrices and any other requested report are submitted to the Sector as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Represent in close coordination with the Coordination of INTERSOS Nigeria and the health, nutrition and protection departments the program with national authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, donors, etc. in Borno State and in Abuja
- Recruit and train national staff as required to achieve the project objectives;
- Work with the administration department to ensure all administrative procedures are followed for health and nutrition Staff in the field – updated personal details on file, accurate ToRs for each staff member, payrolls, review process etc.
- Bachelors degree
- 2 to 4 years in same type of position
- Good management and leadership skills and a team player. Be computer literate including Microsoft Office programs (Word, powerpoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of Clusters system. Knowledge of UNICEF as donor and past experience in proposal writing and reporting.
- Minimum knowledge of nutrition.
- English spoken and written.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills. Be approachable, diplomatic and able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.Be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Can support stress and be capable to live in insecure region.
How To Apply