Full-time INTERSOS: Health and Nutrition Manager Vacancy
INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
The Job : Health and Nutrition Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ngala, Diwka, Bama – Borno State – with travel to other activity sites.
Starting date: ASAP
Reporting to: International Medical Doctor
Duration: 12 months
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the International Medical Doctor, s/he will provide professional technical advice on project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition and Health
programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and enhancing teamwork and capacity building.
RESPONSIBILITIES: MANAGEMENT OF THE HEALTH AND NUTRITION PROGRAM
- Participate in the development of health and nutrition sector budgets and following up on their effective implementation.
- Develop health and nutrition sector work plans for all the INTERSOS health and nutrition grants.
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation and monitoring of health and nutrition project activities.
- Conduct health and nutritional surveillance in the programme sites, including host community and internally displaced persons (IDPs) based on agreed methodologies including surveys, process
- monitoring, SMART, SQUEAC and other rapid methods.
- Work with the field based health and nutrition staff and community health Volunteers to establish, implement and monitor community based management of acute malnutrition activities, coupled
- with patient follow up, referrals and education for their better management at community level.
- Coordinate with other INTERSOS departments and implementing partners to develop training curricula and implementation plans for community Health Volunteers (CHV’s).
- Assist in response and management of any health and nutrition emergency and participate in the
- development of disaster preparedness systems.
- Promote mother infant and young child feeding best practices in various health facilities.
- Oversee implementation and integration of comprehensive growth monitoring program/Mass MUAC screenings at community level and report accordingly.
- Participate actively in planned programme Rapid Health and Nutrition assessment/surveys.
- Monitoring and supervising both INTERSOS and MOH staff seconded to INTERSOS to ensure work is performed efficiently.
- Routinely monitor staff performance according to their job description and provide written feedback in a timely manner.
- Oversee continuous training programs for the health and nutrition staff.
- Review personnel issues and concerns of health and nutrition staff and assist with determining
- and implementing solutions.
- Participate in recruitment of health and staff as appropriate.
- Participate in the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes in coordination with the INTERSOS health and nutrition team.
- Supervise the use of materials, equipment and supplies for the intervention.
- Identify opportunities for program development
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: medicine, nursing, public health and nutrition.
- Five years of relevant professional work experience, including in a developing country, in public health or nutrition
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa Languages
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, power point presentation etc.)
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages effectively his own time as well as flexible and available to work over time when needed
- Willing to be deployed to the newly liberated local government areas.
- Prior experience working for humanitarian agencies
- Knowledge of the operational area
How To Apply
Sending your CV to: email@example.com (clearly indicating the vacant position on the email subject) or deliver application to INTERSOS office in Maiduguri at old GRA, Doctor's Quarters in a seal envelop with the title of the post clearly marked.