Full-time International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC): Secretary Vacancy
The International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC) is a charitable non-governmental educational institution with a vision to promote inclusive human capital development within the context of evolving national (Nigerian) needs and global competitiveness.
IVTEC is a pioneering technical and vocational education model initiated by the Kwara State Government (KWSG). KWSG provided the initial funding and partnered with worldrenowned City & Guilds International for the design and construction of campus facilities, acquisition of training equipment and general administrative structure. As an NGO, the organizational and financial structure of IVTEC allows for an array of partnerships and collaborations with individuals, business and industry from within and outside Nigeria to ensure its future financial sustainability.
The Job : Secretary
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reporting To: Management
Years in Career: 3 years in similar position
About the Role
- The Secretary is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the office.
- Provide administrative services for The Rector.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls.
- Assist with travel arrangements. o Arrange essential mail in priority action order for The Rector.
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play.
- Receive, direct and relay telephone messages and fax messages. o Arrange “call-backs”.
- Provide back-up materials for “call-backs” Do phone surveys/ inquiries when needed.
- Keep and update an inventory of items and supplies in the Rector’s pantry. o Supervise cleaners and other support staff who have access to the Rector’s office.
- Perform other duties as required by Senior Staff Members.
- A HND qualification or its equivalent in Secretarial studies or related field.
- Planning and organising skills with ability to establish courses of action for self to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas to individuals or groups in a manner that helps them understand and retain the message.
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; holding stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organisation.
- Good interpersonal and human relations flexible interpersonal skills and able to form relations of the clients.
- Task Planning and Organizing – Ability to manage self, and resources including time and surrounding circumstances to reach a specific goal.
- Written expression – Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand, to create a clear message, record documents, provide information to persuade, request information from others and justify a request.
- Computer skills-including the ability to operate the Microsoft Office Suite at a highly proficient level.
- He/she must be Trustworthy, respectful, courteous, flexible and possess high self-discipline.
How To Apply