Full-time International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC): Director of Business Development / External Relations Vacancy
The International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC) is a charitable non-governmental educational institution with a vision to promote inclusive human capital development within the context of evolving national (Nigerian) needs and global competitiveness.
IVTEC is a pioneering technical and vocational education model initiated by the Kwara State Government (KWSG). KWSG provided the initial funding and partnered with worldrenowned City & Guilds International for the design and construction of campus facilities, acquisition of training equipment and general administrative structure. As an NGO, the organizational and financial structure of IVTEC allows for an array of partnerships and collaborations with individuals, business and industry from within and outside Nigeria to ensure its future financial sustainability.
The Job : Director of Business Development / External Relations
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ajase-Ipo, Kwara
Reporting To: The Rector
Years in Career: 7-10
About the Role
- The Director Of Business Development is a key member of the senior staff of IVTEC working directly with the Rector and expected to be well experienced in functional areas that include External Relations, Academic and Outreach Communications, and business development.
- He/She will lead a diverse collaborative team that will design and implement a comprehensive and integrated communications and business development strategy focused on advancement, and collaborative partnerships with industry, business and educational institutions in order to raise the profile and impact of the college.
Key Performance Areas
The Director of External Relations is expected to develop a robust portfolio in the following areas:
- Industry collaborations and partnerships.
- Consultation and inputs on manpower demand and curriculum development.
- Sponsorships and collaborations for IVTEC Training Department.
- Articulation and Joint-Certification Programmes.
- Technology transfer, hardware, training equipment, software and programme/event sponsorships.
- Industry attachment and internship programmes for trainees.
- Scholarship, business donations and financial assistance for students.
- Consultancy and customised training programmes.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts simple and complex campaigns supporting students, academic departments and other college initiatives.
- Directs multi-channel communications to assure consistent unified messaging across platforms and affiliates.
- Acts as the college’s spokesperson on the instructions of the Rector and Senior Management.
- Manages a personal portfolio of major partnership and collaboration prospects
- Provides advice to the Rector and Senior Management on public relations and communication issues within and outside the college
- Ensuring the production and distribution of high quality and informative brochures, publications, press reviews, audio-visual as well as electronic documents for the media and public to enhance the College’s image, and maintaining good and close working relations with all key media companies.
- Preparing and disseminating press releases, as well as organizing and conducting press conferences and seminars on behalf of the Rector to present the college’s activities in a well-articulated manner.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field.
- Membership with appropriate bodies will be an advantage
- A comprehensive working knowledge of internal and external public relations and communications programs for an educational organization (preferably a vocational institute) will be a distinct advantage.
- High business acumen in the Nigerian Manufacturing, Industrial and business Environment.
- Must be a team builder with astute creativity and high acumen in business development.
- Must have the ability to be not only a player and coach in leading and owning all development efforts, but also a partner in identifying and seizing opportunities that benefit IVTEC and enables continued success.
- Knowledge and experience with computer programs that support the Business Development Department, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build, foster, and maintain relationships with both internal and external constituencies, including senior management, training department, trustees, students, partners, affiliates and prospects.
- Proven self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, motivator, strategic thinker, and innovator with the ability to set priorities.
- Strong work ethic, evidence of good judgment, attention to details, and demonstrable personal integrity with a sense of humor when necessary.
- Superior communication skills to express, orally and in writing, requests for partnerships and collaboration with clarity, passion, and persuasion.
- Willingness and ability to travel for business meetings and to work non-traditional hours.
- Knowledge of the media and TVET and possess the ability to work well with representatives from different sectors of the industry.
- Understanding of and experience with various media software tools.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to travel independently for business purposes as required.
- Understand the importance of actively seeking input from senior management when developing and shaping business development ideas and strategies. And, will have the confidence and ability to bring ideas and strategies to fruition.
- Ability to publicize the positive news about college achievement and programs, and to develop a coordinated proactive, rather than reactive, approach that anticipates problems before they develop.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit the following documents below by email to: HR@ivtec.ng
Letter of interest.
Provide three (3) references familiar with your professional background. (Name, Tel. Number and Email add.).