Full-time International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC): Director of Admissions and Student Life Vacancy
The International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC) is a charitable non-governmental educational institution with a vision to promote inclusive human capital development within the context of evolving national (Nigerian) needs and global competitiveness.
IVTEC is a pioneering technical and vocational education model initiated by the Kwara State Government (KWSG). KWSG provided the initial funding and partnered with worldrenowned City & Guilds International for the design and construction of campus facilities, acquisition of training equipment and general administrative structure. As an NGO, the organizational and financial structure of IVTEC allows for an array of partnerships and collaborations with individuals, business and industry from within and outside Nigeria to ensure its future financial sustainability.
The Job : Director of Admissions and Student Life
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ajase-Ipo, Kwara
Reporting to: The Registrar
About the Role
- The Director of Admissions is key in attracting and retaining students to the college by directing admissions strategies and assisting students with the development and evaluation of an educational plan.
- S/he maintains and provides accurate program and course information for new and returning students seeking certificates, diplomas, and degrees, provides information on all aspects of new student orientation, placement test interpretation, advising services, and career identification and selection.
- The Director also assists students in determining their major course of study by offering resources for self-exploration related to careers; interprets career assessment results and guides students in researching employment trends and gathering information related to careers of interest.
- S/he is key in ensuring student’s success and welfare while on campus.
Key Performance Areas
- Establishes admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies.
- Evaluate incoming transcripts and track completed courses to ensure students are guided to appropriate courses.
- Refer students to print and web-based resources related to career information.
- Make students aware of campus and community resources, including online student services and academic support services.
- Provide students with information related to resume writing, interviewing skills, and general job search strategies.
- Develops admissions financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary and human resources.
- Maintaining continuing flow of quality applicants and transfers to the college by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities.
- Leading activities to continue programs that are effective.
- Helping to modify programs; presenting strategies for the college’s recruitment and admission activities.
- Collaborate as a team member on delivery of career services, student retention initiatives, job fairs, transfer fairs, orientations, and Student Success workshops as needed.
- Administer and interpret career interest/ability instruments, review, interpret, and evaluate applicant test scores and other information to determine course placement.
- Collect data and participate in the assessment of services as requested by the Rector.
- Works collaboratively with instructional departments to provide appropriate academic advising and career exploration services for new and continuing students.
- Track students’ success rate and proffer ideas to achieve higher success rates.
- Monitor student’s welfare especially on campus and review reported health cases at the clinic periodically.
- Demonstrate and model the College’s core values
- Provide Other duties as assigned by Rector.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Education, Higher Education Administration, Counselling, Social Sciences or related field. Other Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of the Vocational and Technical Education and understanding of the philosophy and mission.
- Candidates with experience within higher education in a fast paced, diverse student program environment may have an added advantage.
- Years in career: 7-10
- Knowledge of academic advising and student success initiatives.
- Ability to utilize data to assess practices and effectiveness of programs.
- Knowledge of current and emergent practices in higher education, particularly Vocational and Technical Education, which facilitate student success.
- Experience working with diverse students, including students from underrepresented populations, and adults transitioning from careers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must have strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge, good judgment, and the willingness to support and enforce college policy and procedures and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment, using good judgment, analytical skills, and problem solving skills while upholding college procedures and policies and promoting teamwork within the organization.
- Computer skills including college related software and email. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with integrating online and web-based tools which support academic advising and college retention efforts, while understanding the challenges that students face with technology.
- Ability to adapt in a changing workplace environment that is focused on student retention and success.
- Distinct personal skills required are intuition, friendliness, approachability and a willingness to help.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit the following documents below by email to: HR@ivtec.ng
Letter of interest.
Provide three (3) references familiar with your professional background. (Name, Tel. Number and Email add.).