Full-time International Rescue Committee (IRC): Finance Officer Vacancy
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
The Job : Finance Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Scope of Work
- The Finance Officer report to the Finance Manager Adamawa.
- He/she is the focal person for finance in Mubi – Adamawa and is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls.
- The Finance Officer must work within the Financial Management Act of IRC, Municipal policies, Procedures and in compliance with all National Acts and Legislation.
- Managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in field office.
- Submit expenditure worksheets to the Finance Head Office on or before 3rd of every subsequent month
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Liaison with Logistics, Administration and Medical, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Prepare a bank reconciliation for field office and send it to main office by 3rd of every month.
- Liaison with field office bank on all banking issues.
- Ensure that statutory deductions are paid on time to avoid any penalty
- Forward to the payroll Administrator every month, an outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7 for recovery. Ensure that advances taken in a given month are liquidated appropriately.
- Conduct a time sheet audit for field office from time to time.
- Serve as technical resource person for the accounting department.
- Supervise all activities done daily in the Accounts department.
- Review all Pos and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
- In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review with the objective of gaining a clear understanding budget guidelines and instructions
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Receptive to training provided and to develop his or her technical and professional competence.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Roving Finance Controller.
- Assist in budget preparation at the field level.
- Communicate with Finance main office on security issues within the office and outside the office
- Report to the Finance Manager any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
- In coordination with supervisor, carry out appraisals for staff in the department.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions with a minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The position will work in the Mubi Field Office. The program site in Northern Nigeria. The security level 3 – orange.
- Monthly salary, 13th month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How To Apply