Full-time International Medical Corps: Women Center Facilitator Vacancy
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto, Damboa , Dikwa and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Ca
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidates to fill the position of
Women Center Facilitator to be based in its Maiduguri office.
The Job : Women Center Facilitator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
WOMEN CENTER FACILITATOR
The Women’s Center Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and implementing group psychosocial activities at the women center including skills and knowledge building activities and recreational activities. She is overall lead in community mobilization for GBV awareness and sensitization at community level of the project sites in Maiduguri, Jere and Konduga
In coordination with beneficiaries, identify relevant skills building and recreational activities to be conducted at the women friendly spaces and draw up a schedule for activity implementation
- In coordination with volunteers / partners a weekly schedule for activities in the women center.
- Identify and make a requisition for all materials required to conduct Women Friendly Space activities
- Organize feedback sessions each quarter with beneficiaries of WFS activities to identify strengths and weaknesses of the space and identify solutions for sharing with GBV manager for improvement.
- Coordinate with the case worker to ensure survivors who have been referred to the women center receive timely and quality services.
- In coordination with the GBV Manager, identify barriers to GBV and develop subsequent messages to overcome the barriers
- In coordination with women, leaders / SEMA / NEMA organize and oversee the implementation on calendar day celebrations such as 16 days of activism, international women’s day, day of the African child, international day of the girl child etc.
- Conduct training and coaching sessions for volunteers / partners to deliver appropriate GBV messages to community members.
- Supervise community volunteers / partners during field work to ensure correct GBV messages are disseminated to the community.
- Conduct weekly meetings with volunteers / partners to collect sensitization reports, develop messages for the following week.
- Organize and implement bi weekly discussions with men in the community on GBV related topics
- Organize and implement monthly discussion sessions with adolescents on GBV related topics
- Compile weekly and monthly WFS activity reports
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bsc or HND preferably in Social science, Psychology or a related course
- Hausa and English language required, Kanuri preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Facilitating group activities experience an asset
- Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset
- Comfortable living and working in Maiduguri
- Minimum Two (2) years’ experience in relevant field
How To Apply
This is woman only position so qualified women are encouraged to apply
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps via the email:
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.